Thank you

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by juantoo3, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juantoo3

juantoo3 ....whys guy.... ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb

Agreed.

2. RJM

RJM God Feeds the Ravens Admin

You are treating me like an idiot. Trump is responsible for downplaying it and refusing to return the woman to UK for justice. I'm not stupid. And you are just proving what a bigot you are. You don't like the truth, it's still the truth.

3. juantoo3

How am I treating you like an idiot? More to the point, how am I a bigot?

Seriously.

I think we're done here.

4. RJM

If she has diplomatic immunity, then he can just say: Sorry, the rules don't allow us to send her back. Everyone would understand. Instead he justifies anyone making such a little mistake in a silly country that drives on the left. It's not a slip if the tongue. It shows his whole mentality. Anyway ... I despise him.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  5. juantoo3

You can't even make up your mind...does she or does she not have immunity? If she does, Thomas is a liar. If she does not, she lied and you don't like the misrepresentation of Trump's words with no consideration of the intent behind them.

The problem is yours.

6. RJM

Yup. But lots of people have read what you've said. They will think about it. This forum is not limited to American readers. We want decency and honesty from leaders. And we despise Trump.

Ciao ...

7. RJM

Is to pass-off culpable homicide as a silly little mistake, because it's only silly England, doesn't matter much ...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  8. juantoo3

yep, and the default when things don't go your way is to accuse of bigotry, misogyny and homophobia...predictable. Just like clockwork.

Ad Hominem indeed.

RJM likes this.
  9. juantoo3

Good luck with that, I haven't seen it yet, from anybody...least of all from the left.

10. RJM

Ok. I apologise for bigot.
    Still, a despicable human being is what he is.

Ok. Let's leave it. Best regards. Really I'm out of this thread ...

11. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic) Admin

One doesn't have to go to the media.

Trump has a twitter account, which can be read publicly.

I have to say, what I read on his twitter account is enough for me to form my opinion of the man.

To echo RJM's sentiment, perhaps: It makes me very uncomfortable to see this attitude in the president who commands tens of thousands of troops stationed in my country, along with tanks, nuclear weapons, and an important air force base used for drone warfare.

"Make America great again" may be a fun election campaign slogan, but against the backdrop of this kind military presence, in many countries on the globe, it is rather tasteless. And that's not even taking the twitter account into account, as it were.

RJM likes this.
  12. juantoo3

Thank God for it or we'd never read anything close to accurate from the man, the media would edit, fliter and censor all of it if they had their way, a la Ms Harris. Denying Freedom of Speech to someone they disagree with. Libs think they are entitled to do so, agree with us or be shut down.

Tasteless or not, Trump is acting on behalf of our nation...that's what he was hired to do. I don't expect him to act on behalf of, oh I don't know, China. China has their own President, let Mr Xi act on behalf of China. Trump has said as much. And I agree.

I am far more frightened of people who say things like "make no mistake, I'm coming for your guns!" The military in the hands of that asshole is a scary, scary thought. Excuse me, I meant to say whole ass.

13. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

The old thread allowed folks to vent, it wasn't argumentative like this one...

This thread on the other hand provides me with the opportunity to observe. There is no way for me to participate with the level of in credulousness I feel...so observe it is.

And contemplate how to stay peaceful and mindful in the fray

StevePame and RJM like this.
  14. earl

earl ?

Wil, Trump seems to be a "love him or hate him" kind or president more than any other I can ever recall. There will not be much middle ground with folks' views of him and I blame his rhetoric for much of that.

15. juantoo3

That's fine, I blame the media. Hard to find middle ground, and probably why best left alone.

16. juantoo3

Because anyone to oppose was frightened into submission. I'm too dumb to be cowed.

It is good to hear you are at least considering the matter. Let me know if you find a way.

Peace.

17. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai Moderator

18. Cino

Freedom of Speech means, to my understanding, that the government does not control information, that there is no government censorship.

You hire your presidents? For all that I find fault with my own country's way of doing things, over here, we hold elections. It's called democracy, apparently... *twinkle smiley*

More seriously, I think that the president of any country will find that "acting on behalf of their nation" does not mean "insult the rest of the world on a regular basis on twitter" (like that "shithole country" comment, or any number of other insults). It requires a modicum of diplomatic tact to serve one's country well on the international level. And no country, not even North Korea, is an island unto itself: the global community is a network.

RJM likes this.
  19. Cino

That's a theory I was not familiar with.

As someone who is about as far left politically as it is legal to be over here in Europe, I'd be interested in learning more!

20. juantoo3

Ah! So you're not from the US? (Not trying to meddle in our elections, are you? Don't let the libs find out!)

Freedom of Speech goes way beyond that, but with the right also comes responsibility, and the libs as a rule don't like responsibility. Let me rephrase that, they don't like personal responsibility, it's always someone else's fault.

Touche! Like Jackson he is brash and unfiltered. But he gets things done. He's the first sitting President in something like 70 years to establish diplomatic talks with N. Korea...anything about that in the media? President colluding with N. Korea commies! Guy can't catch a break! Eased restriction on Cuba...Obama wasn't about to, no way no how! Any word about that? Trump colluding with Cuban commies! How much of that is he supposed to take and not react? It's insane what the media is doing, except they know full well what they are doing...nothing at all random about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.