forgetting or losing sight

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by KnowSelf, Oct 22, 2019.

1. KnowSelf

KnowSelf Active Member

My job is stressful, I work in a 38 bed facility for men and women living with moderate-severe symptomatic mental illness. Recently I needed a refresher course in empathy, I allowed a previous incident with a resident to impact my behavior toward him long after the initial incident happened. It was a much needed wake-up call that helped me put things into perspective.

Human's have the capability of helping one another, reaching out and lifting up each other in times of need or maybe because it's what makes human, empathy.

wil and Cino like this.
  2. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Is that something your employer provided? I think I need that, our world needs that..

3. KnowSelf

KnowSelf Active Member

First and foremost we must get over ourselves and stop thinking we are the only person that matters. Secondly, a person's behavior may be indication of illness, stress or any number of afflictions causing maladaptive behavior manifestation that can be helped. or corrected with proper care.

Ultimately I am not qualified to judge another person's actions or behavior because I don't know it all, I only know how his/her behavior is affecting me. The most important of all is I control how things make me feel, therefore, I am responsible how I feel and how I deal or cope with life and people.

I am in control of my feelings and emotions therefore releasing the burden of hurt and retaliation from people who may have done me wrong. In addition to not blaming others for the way I feel grants me an opportunity to help people without preconceived ideas or judgment.