Baha'i House of Worship in Chile recognized by Architectural Institute

Discussion in 'Baha'i' started by arthra, Nov 2, 2019.

1. arthra

arthra Baha'i

The Baha’i Temple of South America in Santiago, Chile, designed by Hariri Pontarini Architects of Toronto was selected as the winner of the 2019 RAIC International Prize, by the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC).

Ever since its opening in 2016, The Baha’i Temple of South America has attracted more than 1.4 million visitors. With a design that “aspires to commonality within diversity”, the space holds meaning and peace for everyone. The building has major importance for the Chilean community, hosting community clubs, youth outreach programs, and children’s activities in partnership with public schools.

[​IMG]

Baha’i Temple by Hariri Pontarini Wins 2019 RAIC International Prize | ArchDaily

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1

You've been keeping us abreast of this since site selection...it is as all the bahai temples architecturally incredible.

I think the US one is the most mundane eh?

3. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic)

Very cool architecture!

What kind of service is held in the Bahai temples? I understand there is no priesthood or liturgy, no communal prayer. What is the characteristic of Bahai temple gatherings?

4. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Staff Member

I really like the structure just outside of Chicago. I think it is quite beautiful, especially with the gardens in bloom during summer.

5. arthra

arthra Baha'i

My computer needed a new hard drive so I've been "off line" lately... My apologies for not responding sooner.... Yes there are no "rites" No altars or priests in the Baha'i Faith. There's a YouTube video that gives a good description:

There is a Baha'i choir that performs on occasion at the House of Worship:

Cino likes this.
  6. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Staff Member

Hope you didn’t lose anything :(

7. arthra

arthra Baha'i

Well frankly I was a liitle anxious about losing some stuff because a new hard drive is definitely a change but I'm learning on it and recovering... Thanks for your concern! ; - ))

StevePame likes this.