How do you undestand the term "Patriarchy"

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Cino, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Truthseeker9

Truthseeker9 Active Member

Since we have started tracking the gender pay gap, the difference between the earnings of women and men has shrunk. But significant disparity in how men and women are paid still remains. The uncontrolled gender pay gap, which takes the ratio of median earnings of all women to all men, decreased by $0.05 since 2015. However, women still make only $0.79 for every dollar men make in 2019.

What often gets lost in translation is what the uncontrolled wage gap truly represents — that women are less likely to hold high-level, high-paying jobs than men. There are structural barriers which keep women from advancing in the workplace– this is what we call the opportunity gap.

The controlled gender pay gap, which controls for a number of factors such as job title, years of experience, industry and location so that the only differentiation between workers is their gender, shrunk by just $0.008 since 2015. Women now make $0.98 for every dollar an equivalent man makes.

https://www.payscale.com/data/gender-pay-gap

If you talk to women about their experience they will tell you that some men are misanthropic. My wife tells me this.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Thomas and Cino like this.
  2. JTParamedic

JTParamedic New Member

Please provide.

3. Beautiful

Beautiful Active Member

There is as much a gender pay gap as a race pay gap, different races make different money. Because the gender pay gap thing is a demographic, a statistic, that says that there are more men working and so more money is concentrated in the pockets of men. Since there are less women working, less money is in the pocket of women. Well then, whats the different between black women and white woman? What the difference between black women and women from Bhangladesh? You see, you could endlessly carry on these demographics which say this demographic works more than this side, etc. You will invent terms like 'white womanchy" "black womanchy" "Chinese womanchy," which is all very ugly and disgusting since it divides people. This whole matter is only born out of spitefulness, what is called in the bible "desiring your neighboors wife/husband"

What patriarchy and matriarchy actually mean, is a society in which the top dog (the house provider) is either a man or woman, respectivley. Since men are not the main house providers, what we have throughout all of the first world and the vast majority of the third world, is not a patriarchy, neither is it a matriarchy.

A matriarchy is the case of hyenas. In the hyena pack the females run the show (which means; lead, protect the well being of the pack, be a strong hunter, be an inteligent administrator)

A patriarchy is the case of lions. In the lion pack males run the shown (which means; lead, protect the well being of the pack, be a strong hunter, be an inteligent administrator.)

In human realm, there is no such definite distinction given the obvious reasons; humans are free, and when they have freedom they act freely. The current phenomena is an old phenomena. Its that since both men and women are equally controllable as students, as soldiers, as workers, there is no discrimination, because that would not be profitable. The more people you allow into the club, the more the coffers stack up. The gender pay gap and all the patriarchy thing is anti-logic. An old technique used since time immemorial; if the politician can stir discontent in the people and create an imaginary enemy, or an imaginary need, dangle some shiny object in front of them, then they will be distracted, their hearts seduced by some 'worthy cause' and they wont focus on the politicians robbing them.

JTParamedic likes this.
  4. JTParamedic

JTParamedic New Member

Very well written, and very good argument, my friend!

5. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic)

No, that is not what is generally understood as the gender pay gap. You are not well informed about this issue. I suggest you research it rather than spread such gross misinformation.

@Truthseeker9 provided a good summary just a few posts back.

StevePame likes this.
  6. Beautiful

Beautiful Active Member

I am very informed on this issue. Much more than you clearly :) Ill spread the real information, you spread the misinformation.

7. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic)

Just because you say so doesn't make it real. You are confusing a percentage with absolute numbers. If you think this is correct and want to be taken seriously, then you'll need to give very convincing arguments.

This is not a matter of faith. It is not enough to say "I believe I am right".

StevePame likes this.
  8. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

"Patriarchy: a system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it."
    I do not think that is true. Women may not be at the forefront but they do hold the keys in many societies - too important to be disregarded.

9. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Matriarchy, women in power
    Patriarchy when men think they are in power
    Oligarchy--- Laurel and Hardy
    Monarchy when the butterflies take over

Craz and Aupmanyav like this.