Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wil, Jan 7, 2020.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Thank you all for being.

The world may go to hell in a handbasket.

Its the end of the world as we know it.

And I feel fine.

Bliss is so strange.

Cino likes this.
  2. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I've accused you of various things in the past, which I shall probably be retracting henceforth.

So we'll start with 'rose tinted spectacles' and other Pangloss-sims. Mea culpa.

That sounds so-o-o-o-o much more ominous when you say it.

Cool. That's better.

No ... no, actually, I think that's just you! :D

StevePame likes this.
  3. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Meh, I'll probably give you plenty of opportunity again. My shoot from my seat responses that lack the lifetime of tradition and the decades of education that you and others leaves me often in the wake.

Yet my synapses fire and a fleeting understanding blips in and out, and as obtuse connections make sense, I spew them. I find it amazing when one of you sorts them out and makes sense of my ramblings.
    That should be filed under perfectly likely!

StevePame likes this.
  4. wil

wil UNeyeR1

IDK if any of you can grok the benefits I receive from being here, from participating at IO.

I'll try to explain (and probably fail miserably) I live in a university town and enjoy taking the bus and using the laundromat. Because it provides me with a cro

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1

(Dang fat fingers)

Unique cross section of society...this place does as well. I encounter professors and grad students, know it all freshman and the Intl working class poor which support the economy and society.

I get reminded daily how ignorant I am, how much focused knowledge others have, how decades if dedication and learning impacts us all.

I get to compare this to my going thru life like a pinball in a machine. How I've often let the slope of the deck and others control of the flippers rule my fate, I've racked up points by slightly leaning left or right as I careen towards the next bumper so as to attempt to make the rebound to my liking.

Somehow I've obtained enough points for free games and replays to rack up bliss without the due diligence...to benefit by association. In so many respects I happened into this room, I didn't pay the tuition or the door charge, I don't have the credits for the degree, I didn't attend practice or the games but I have the letter jacket and got the handshake.

I pinch myself. Luv y'all

StevePame and RJM Corbet like this.