The greatness of self

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by KnowSelf, Jan 7, 2020.

1. KnowSelf

KnowSelf Active Member

Paradoxically great egos are shallow but not of their own concern. Amazingly self-centered and self-adsorbed busily conduct themselves on basis of themselves. A blinding inability to see the world outside of themselves.
    What does this have to do with spiritually and faith?
    Power has a tendency to convert ordinary people into self made gods. This is commonly known as EGO

Arif Ghamiq likes this.
  2. wil

wil UNeyeR1

There are egos that drive one to greatness and then mature, and those that do not.

It seems to be who wins along the way, integrity band ethics or one of those seven deadly sins

3. KnowSelf

KnowSelf Active Member

My point is religious leaders assume authority by leading innocent and sometimes gullible followers astray. People are only as ignorant as they learned to be. I don't have a problem with ignorance, but when religious authority act on their own behalf the flock suffers.
    I don't trust preachers

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Well I missed the direction you intended to take this completely from your original post.

But again yes people are often corrupted by power.

5. RabbiO

RabbiO הרב יונה בן זכריה

Your original post said nothing about religious leaders. It is not surprising that some, maybe all, might miss your point.

As for your point, you tar with an overly broad brush. Certainly there are clergy and other religious leaders - rabbis, ministers, priests, imams, pastors, denominational officers, etc. - who shouldn’t be serving in those capacities. There are also doctors, lawyers, accountants, carpenters, mechanics, corporate executives, etc., who shouldn’t be serving in their professions. I know people like that, but in my experience they are a distinct minority.