The value of hugs.

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
Excess hugs do not indicate bad intentions. But yes, I am aware some hug inappropriately and others judge hugs as inappropriate when intent is not there.

To be clear upon meeting someone I open my arms, if they simply stare they get a verbal greeting, if they offer a hand I shake it, if they enter my embrace I hug.

StevePame

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hugs for close family and friends. Now where I struggle is the cheek kiss. That’s when I’ll give that person, man or woman, a bizarre looks since I don’t know the etiquette.

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
That's another whole thing. The double kiss, the cheek peck, the air kiss. And then there is the number of friends that kiss on the lips...not for 20 seconds though....again another whole thing.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a homo sapiens that hugs you to be therapeutic. Heck, :kitty: hugs are therapeutic, too (I should know because Tovarish loves to do that twice a day.) Canine hugs might work, too, but I wouldn't know firsthand.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: RJM

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
True for animal lovers there are bennies...heck folks now rent time with kitties and puppies. And dogs are taken to hospitals and nursing homes...

But in your house I believe. They've also shown them to be detrimental to sleep patterns

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
True for animal lovers there are bennies...heck folks now rent time with kitties and puppies. And dogs are taken to hospitals and nursing homes...

But in your house I believe. They've also shown them to be detrimental to sleep patterns

Only when they stick a rear paw betwixt my legs iykwim. :eek::D:cool:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

JP Bradt

Naturalist
Reaction score
My friend fell asleep with his cat on his lap. After a minute of rapid-eye-movement sleep, the cat pounced with both front paws right on his eyes. Funniest thing I'd seen in a long time!

dai558b

Reaction score
Love hugs! This whole situation with social distancing I believe has made us all miss that physical connection with people.