Do you share your belief of faith with other people?

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by KnowSelf, Jan 27, 2020.

1. KnowSelf

KnowSelf Active Member

I was sitting in church yesterday thinking where I might be falling short in my relationship to God. Such an example may be I do not visibly talk about God in my secular world outside of church. Laws nowadays prohibit any instigation of religious matters in the workplace or clients.

Understandably, silencing unwarranted dialogue from a persistent and zealous bible thumper is perfectly fine by me. However, the law limits acts of faith on behalf of the giver.

If per-say, faith leads me to act on God's behalf, I cannot say, at this point it is only speculation.

I am told the life we live is testimony of our soul.

Do you share your faith/belief with strangers or acquaintances

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Beautiful likes this.
  2. RabbiO

RabbiO הרב יונה בן זכריה

Talking about G-d is, in my case, an occupational hazard.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    StevePame likes this.
  3. OrtaYol

OrtaYol Active Member

If someone brings it up I'm usually happy to discuss, but I try not to bring it up myself

4. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Yes, it's the secular back-swing. Religion is to be relegated to the personal sphere because there is easily denied and disposed of.

I think the act is more powerful than the word. In my workplace I never 'preach', but if it comes up I don't deny. Usually it's a point of humour. One place we had a canteen. I banter with the staff. Then there was burgers on Friday. "Thy a burger" chef says. "Oh, no, no, no, no, no. I'm Catlick. Out of the question!" "Are you!?" The surprise, I think, is because they rarely meet religiously-inclined folk with a sense of humour.

Well they all know, but I'm not a megaphone.

Beautiful likes this.
  5. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

There are few saints, if any, recognised for what they said. Nearly all for what they did.

6. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Having spent a lot of time in the hospital, this past couple years. I have found the number in the health industry, that display their religiosity surreptitiously and or outwardly. With little quotes like God bless you or God is great or The Lord is saved you for something wonderful. And the occasional can I pray with you or pray for you? Occasionally from doctors or nurses, But mostly from staff. Cleaning crew, food delivery, admissions Etc

Beautiful, KnowSelf and RJM Corbet like this.
  7. KnowSelf

KnowSelf Active Member

I was part of a jail ministry team while attending Bible college and eventually prison chaplaincy or so I thought. All my life, as a kid, I thought I was to become a minister like many other men in my family. In my junior year at bible college God directed my time and effort to the Human Service field.

The difference between human service work and ministry work is , not much.

Beautiful likes this.
  8. Beautiful

Beautiful Member

I can't shut up about it :) People see it on my face anyway. It cant help but come out. Its an inseperable part of my life, its what I live and breath. At the end of the day its just talking about how marvelous life is, the ocean, the trees, knowledge, peace, love...

The other day my family was saying about making t shirts that had something about our personalities on them and they said my shirt would just say "Omm."

Cino, RJM Corbet and OrtaYol like this.