Moving to Mars

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by RJM Corbet, Oct 7, 2020.

1. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens Admin

Political discussion moved from this thread:

https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/19337/page-18#post-338467

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  2. Old Faith

Old Faith The Old Faith Religion.

Our Problems on earth isn't that much as liberals would make you belief, Global Warming for instance is a natural phenomenon, example previous ice ages and periods with no ice at all, most people think that the world is a slum devoid of bio diversity, but think for a second, most people live in cities, they only see cities and towns, out in the rural areas their is still much natural beauty, think for a second most of Canada lives right on the edge of USA the rest is mostly untouched, the Amazon is mostly unpopulated, Australia lives all around the center on the coastline, this goes for all over the world, much of Africa is still untouched nature, cities are bad yes, but Scientist are blowing everything out of proportion so that they can get funding. They know you most probably live in the city and as such you are easy to convince that the world is on the verge of extinction, yet it simply isn't so, there has actually been scientist who has come out and said that they don't agree with the apocalypse narrative that gets peddled for profit.

3. RJM Corbet

Who will decide who has to go to Mars? Probably a lot of 'liberals' won't want to go. Will there be a tribunal to decide who is a 'liberal' and has to go to Mars?

4. Old Faith

Like I said this isn't an immediate solutions yes, but in the long term it is a solution, liberals are always saying that conservatives are holding them back, then with this they can put their money where their mouths are, if it is really better then it will show, my opinion is that they will quickly become a slum no matter how awesome it was when it was handed over to them, on the other hand I wager that with liberals out of the way, conservatives will thrive on planet earth. The only way they can prove me wrong is by actually going to mars and showing which will be better.

5. Old Faith

That is a very good question, and these days it is quite easy to see who is a liberal and who is a conservative, you just ask the person what they think of President Trump, instant verification, jokes aside, as this conflict grows people are already moving away from each other to opposite sides, I warrant there will be some conflict before the planet is ready, regardless by the time that Mars is livable if you see the way things are progressing now, everyone will know clearly who is on what side.

6. Old Faith

I would say that yes some might not want to go, then they must abide by conservative laws on planet earth.

7. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Sure the dinosaurs weren't extincted by us....but the mastadon was as soon as man showed up in North America....and we've been accelerating that ever since. Sure we can conquer the plains....and shoot bison out of trains for sport while we do.

Climate change occurs yes...ice ages and heat waves have come and gone....we are all aware....but this is the first time we have caused it. And the answer is not to populate the Amazon or inner australia..

We think we can terraform mars based on our ability to terradestroy this planet?

RJM Corbet likes this.
  8. RJM Corbet

Ok, so if they don't like Trump, they have go to Mars? Sorry ...

EDIT
    Ok, I know that's not exactly what you're saying. But by the time we can send them to Mars -- if they're not the type of people who presently support Trump ...?

Well ... it's some sort of solution, I suppose

9. Old Faith

That was a joke, but the fact of the matter is if you ask a simple question like that you can instantly see who is a conservative and who is a liberal, if you are a liberal and if your policies are so great, wouldn't you then want to be free of conservatives holding you back with pesky morality. One would think if they are so progressive and forward thinking they would jump at the idea of making their utopian dreams come true, if they aren't jumping at it then it must mean that they are actually thinking it will end up dystopian not utopian. Conservatives on the other hand will enjoy being free from liberals who constantly try to destroy moral values and constantly fight to implement unpopular propaganda laws. Conservatives wont miss the liberals, so why then would liberals miss living with conservatives. They should progress of the planet and let their action speak louder than their words, if their world fails, which it would because they have no moral compass, then they have only themselves to blame.

10. Old Faith

So what you basically are saying is that if conservatives are left alone on the planet without liberals who constantly warn them that everything will end, will cause the destruction of earth, but in the same breath you are saying that it is unfair for liberals to inherit a newly terraformed planet with everything they need to live and survive on, with their policies as they want it, without pesky conservatives fighting green initiatives ext. that they won't be able to make it work. So in conclusion I am saying that conservatives will survive just fine on earth without liberals and it will quickly return to a utopia, but you are saying that the doomsday profit left leaning liberals when given free reign to do what ever they want wont be able to make a planet healthy without any problems work?

11. RJM Corbet

So why can't the liberals send the conservatives off? Sorry, let's take it away from Mars and talk about sending them off to somewhere on Earth? Why do the conservatives have the choice to send the liberals off -- to some island somewhere perhaps -- even if the liberals don't want to go?

12. Old Faith

I answered this question in detail I think on the other thread

13. Old Faith

Like I said before, in the whole conservatives are a lot more than liberals, if this has to go into a deciding battle, good luck to the left, this is an option for survival, simple as that

14. RJM Corbet

That is an assumption that is tested at the polls? I don't think the line between liberals and conservatives is probably that clear. If the conservatives are voted out, are they still in the majority? Do they have a right to reject the vote because they don't like the outcome, and take over by force if they lose the election?

15. Old Faith

Ask yourself this question if the liberals were really the majority wouldn't they be the ones fighting for as secure as possible election, like in person with ID, in fact they are the ones constantly pushing the mail in voting agenda and before covid even they are the ones that reject in person voting with ID, also they wouldn't be the ones providing safe haven to illegal immigrants in sanctuary cities, if the conservatives in America is the real minority then they would be the ones pushing all these scenarios to interfere with the outcome of an election, but in fact it is quite the opposite they are proposing for maximum security as is the case for most countries going to a poll in person with ID, is standard mostly everywhere, so why not the liberal democrats. Because they have no majority and they know it, just look at turn out for Biden compared to Trump, the media is solidly on Bidens side yet you see Trump supporters everywhere, how can that even be if the only thing the media ever say is how bad President Trump is. The real majority even in America is the conservatives and thats a fact, the liberals need to cheat with undocumented voters to get their numbers up, thats why they are so hell bend on open border policies.

16. seattlegal

seattlegal Mercur├Žn Buddhist

If we can't get along enough to share a planet, then what is moral about spreading this contentious contagion outside of the bounds of the earth and contaminating other planets with it? Splitting up the contending parties won't solve the underlying problem, it will only spread the problem further out, not solve it.

17. RJM Corbet

I'm sorry, but are you saying that if the democrats win it means the election was rigged, therefore conservatives don't have to respect the result?

18. seattlegal

seattlegal Mercur├Žn Buddhist

Hmm, how is a Texas county (Harris county) with a population of just under 4.7 million population supposed to get all of their voting ballots to ONE single, solitary ballot drop box location? If all of the voters could somehow miraculously get to the ballot drop box without overwhelming the transportation/road system, how big would the ballot drop box have to be in order to accommodate all those ballots? One ballot drop box is obviously insufficient for a population of 4.7 million. But the Governor has deemed that there only be 1 drop box per county, whether the county has a population of 4.7 million like Harris County (Which has almost 25% of the entire state of Texas' black population,) or a population of only 152 in Loving County. That is basically disenfranchising a whole lot of legal voters by refusing them proportional access to ballot drop boxes. If that ain't cheating, then I don't know what is!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-reduces-mail-in-ballot-drop-off-locations-2020-election/

19. Miken

Miken Active Member

Who gets to decide who has to go to the concentra... I mean Mars? What exactly will be the decision criteria and how will it be determined on an individual basis? Who gets their money and property left behind on Earth? How exactly is this going to be implemented without starting that civil war? It will take a brutal dictatorship to pull this off. And guess what? They do not go away of their own accord.

Not a good idea.

RJM Corbet likes this.
  20. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic) Admin

What about the next generations though? Judging from experience, many kids on each world will find their parent's views insufferable and will want to move to the other place, or more likely, change the planet they grew up on.

Frankly, your utopia sounds a lot like the world of my youth, with East Bloc and The West each telling their dissidents to go join the other side if they thought it was so wonderful.

I don't remember it to have been particularly nice or virtuous.