Moving to Mars

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by RJM, Oct 7, 2020.

1. RJM

RJM God Feeds the Ravens Admin

The point is that almost everything you say is unsubstantiated opinion and allegation, with no evidence. So fine ... we are entitled to our opinions, but to become a serious discussion facts and evidence are needed?

2. A Cup Of Tea

A Cup Of Tea Well-Known Member

My comment wasn't directed at you, so don't worry about it.

3. RJM

If Republicans are so against it, why is there a container full of Republican applications?

4. RJM

In my opinion it is the extremists from both sides that make it difficult for ordinary reasonable people to be heard -- and who are the great majority

5. Old Faith

Old Faith The Old Faith Religion.

So what did I say that is unsubstantiated and what did you say in return that has more substance than what I said, you cannot give me a direct answer to my question about why would they persist in pushing an unpopular system widely held to be fraudulent if they are in fact the majority? It's easy to say my statements are without merit, but where is your answer to my question, which you completely avoid at all costs, because you know my statement isn't unsubstantiated at all and that's why you refuse to answer.

6. Old Faith

What far right wing individuals are still around these days making laws and forcing people to belief their rhetoric, the far right wing is all but dead, the only hate mongers are the far left these days, if you can find the far right then we can send them to mars as well, the world will be better of either way, but lets tell it like it is, the far left is the problem these days not the far right.

7. Old Faith

I don't know if you are in contact with a lot of Republicans but belief me the general opinion is that vote in person with ID is by far the preferred choice, in fact it's the option the party itself is fighting for in court to be the only system. Mail in voting is mostly popular in the Democratic party not the Republican party, why is their a container of destroyed mail in voting applications by republicans I don't know, nor do I care, I am stating what the actually parties are fighting for in court, Republicans against mail in voting citing it as fraudulent, Democrats in favor citing that not every one has access to an ID, what nonsense is that, what citizens don't have access to a ID, why would voting in person with an ID inconvenience any citizen? Only if you plan for non citizens to vote?

8. Old Faith

Ok understood.

9. Old Faith

And at any rate why is a container with Republican applications for mail in voting destroyed? That seems suspicious doesn't it?

10. Old Faith

Exactly why I am saying that these extremist must go, they do nothing but divide and polarize.

11. RJM

The extremists from both sides must go?

12. RJM

Not suspicious at all. They are waste paper once the actual ballots have been sent off to the applicants. And they are probably a mix of democratic and republican applications. Deliberate fake news, in other words?

13. Old Faith

That may be the case, but it still doesn't explain why Democrats are pushing for a system that is widely believed to be fraudulent, what purpose can this serve other than to make the election a contested one?

14. Old Faith

If you know that the opposition is mostly against a voting change then why persist in pushing for it, it has no purpose other than to divide a divided country even further.

15. RJM

Unsubstantiated

16. Old Faith

How can you say that peoples belief in a system is unsubstantiated, if a lot of people belief that mail in voting is fraudulent, then even if the actual system is fraudulent or not is not the question, the question is what do the people belief, and a lot of them believes its fraudulent so how can you say that, that is unsubstantiated, what you are basically saying is unsubstantiated because the general belief amongst republicans even the party themselves is that it opens the door for fraudulent practices. The fact that people belief this makes this system contentious, and as such makes the Democrats use of it dubious, it's clear that you are a Democrat, that's why you are saying everything is unsubstantiated, but this isn't a question about what makes only democrats happy, an election is about all the people of the country, and roundabout half of them believes its fraudulent in nature, even the Republican party itself beliefs its fraudulent in nature and as such has taken the case to the courts, so how is it a good idea to push forward knowing full well that people won't accept results that come in drips and drabs weeks after the election concluded from a contentious source. The only possible reason for this could be that you willfully want to throw a spanner into the works.

17. Old Faith

18. RJM

So, is it fraudulent or not?

19. RJM

And the other half?

20. RJM

Nevermind. I'm not going to continue this. A lot of people believe a lot of things. Especially when it's what they want to believe. It doesn't mean a thing in a serious discussion, without evidence to support it. Imo