Moving to Mars

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by RJM, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Old Faith

Old Faith The Old Faith Religion.

It seems that every time the Democratic party gets in trouble everything becomes a race issue, they are extre
    The NCSL categorizes state-level voter ID laws as follows:[21]

See how Democrat run states are very slack on voter requirements, hence all their numbers doubtful for many years now actually, as they are completely lax about voting security - wonder why that is, hmmmm not really I know the answer, you know it to, you just chose to avoid it. As for making it political, was you that started it and continued even after several posts saying that I do not want to discuss politics the whole time. But it is fine I rest my case, no more politcal discussion with you.

2. muhammad_isa

muhammad_isa Save Our Souls

I can't understand what all the fuss is about..
    I suppose it's about illegal immigration..
    I wonder how many illegal immigrants dare to take part in a US election?

I suppose that's what the fuss is all about .. no?
    If I was an illegal immigrant, I would be concerned about being found out !
    no .. it's just a load of political hoo ha, I reckon.

RJM likes this.
  3. RJM

RJM God Feeds the Ravens Admin

Sorry the above by @seattlegal was posted on page one and hasn't received a response. It was not a reply to your post about the arrest.

I apologise for the confusion

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  4. seattlegal

seattlegal Mercuræn Buddhist

Are you sure you are responding to the correct post? Your response doesn't even remotely fit in with the post you quoted. Who was arrested?

The Texas governor is a Republican, and he hasn't been arrested. Although he should have been, imo, because he just "arbitrarily" limited ballot box drop locations to just one per county without regard to the population of said county and whether one drop box will be sufficient for the population of that county. In the case of Harris County, he cut down access to ballot drop boxes to less than 10% of what they were before his "proclamation."

RJM likes this.
  5. RJM

RJM God Feeds the Ravens Admin

seattlegal likes this.
  6. seattlegal

Yeah, it's insane. Although it's one ballot dropbox for a population of 4.7 million. I'm sure a good portion of those 4.7 million are underage children who can't vote yet, so it's not 4.7 million voters. It is in Texas, though, so I can easily understand how the confusion took root.

RJM likes this.
  7. Miken

Miken Well-Known Member

As per the 2000 census, the latest I can find figures for, 29% of the Harris County population was under 18. Applying that to current population levels gives some 3.3 million voters. Still a large number for one voting station.

8. seattlegal

It's not a voting station where you go to vote.. It's a ballot dropbox, where you go drop off your ballot that you have filled out.

9. Miken

Miken Well-Known Member

I was simply using the phrase RJM Corbet used. I see now that in replying to him you used the other terminology and I understand the difference.