SOCIAL JUSTICE

Does that earn credit?
Why would I expect credit for it?

It is a fact requires acknowledgement
It has been acknowledged, then comes the complexity.

Until the day I die if I need
You do you, it doesn't make a good discussion though.

We try to stay reasonably on topic within the remit of a forum.
We also don't support violence, racism or even cursing. What can be expressed is limited.

A university is quite different,
Very, it has its own limitation set by the owners of it. I wrote this, you have not commented on it.

Of course nothing is directed at you personally, and I greatly apologise if it remotely seems that way. Please forgive me. That is never my intention.

But I AM asking hard questions of you as a voice for the woke university movement whom you seem to volunteer to speak for here?
I don't take it personally nor do I think the questions are hard, they are incomplete and ignore context and what I have already answered.

- cancel culture is bad
- yes. I also-
- silencing voices is bad
- again I agree, I think th-
- Peterson is smart
- I don't know about the, often he-
- SHOULD HE BE SILENCED FOR IT, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HATE HIM!?
- no, I think there are other ways of-
- cancel culture is bad
- ok, can we-
- woke is [add a negative discriptor for a moment of loosely connected people of different ideas as if they had a coherent plan]

This is just boring, I'd rather just do something else.

Well I posted a 15 page article on the subject by an important thinker, and got this in return:
... you @RJM Corbet seem to conflate a lot of concepts like 'social justice', 'wokeness' and 'cancel culture' and then put them opposite to 'normal', 'common' and 'neutral'. I love these topics and spend evenings with friends picking social systems apart, but there isn't anything like that going on here, just "woke people are the bad guys". That's why I don't share my cents.

Never mind, let's just disagree ...

Very, it has its own limitation set by the owners of it. I wrote this, you have not commented on it.
Ok. Granted. But also a responsibility to free speech, in a decent university
We also don't support violence, racism or even cursing. What can be expressed is limited.
The WAY it can be expressed. Not the idea itself. Unless it is violent or racist, or totally off topic on a faith forum?

Last edited:
So, although it can obviously be related to many factors and causes, woke bullying, to me, is not a slightly irritating intellectual side issue. To me it is warping the whole course of politics and social relations in the early 21st century, and a major cause of opinion swing towards right wing populism.

So yes, as a liberal person I believe the woke cancel culture movement has a lot to answer for.

There's that saying about: 'for evil to flourish all that this required is for good people to say nothing'

Yes the fundamentalist Christians burned her books because they thought she was turning children towards witchcraft. but such people are not really well known for virtue signalling woke liberal tolerant values?
Yeah it's like she got hit from extremists from both sides at different times.

Reactions: RJM
Back