Extended Families

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by Cino, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

The Zealot? Praise the Lord ...

2. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai Moderator

Gift from the sis-in-law. Given the spelling (Zelot) and graphics, I think it refers to a video game character. Was never sure. I just wore it to please the giver.

3. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

Are they originally from Tamilnadu (because of the forehead saffron dot)? I too have a Tamil sis-in-law.

4. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai Moderator

Fiji Indians came from many different regions of India as indentured laborers under British rule in the 1800s. Over the years as one clan intermarried with another, many different traditions became woven into one. In that pic, we had just finished a Ramayana reading. Everyone got a turmeric deal on their forehead afterward! Live long and prosper as it were. :)

5. Jeff Bradt

Jeff Bradt Member

My significant other (I will call her "Wife") calls herself a Christian, though her belief is actually deist; she likes to believe that she has the same faith as her Christian pastor father. I do not argue. She is Christian then.

Her son is an atheist apatheist; that is, he does not believe and does not feel like the question of a god's existence is really important.

As for me, I am an atheist activist. I like to speak my mind online about how religion causes problems and that the best thing about God is his nonexistence.

Believe it or not, we get along great. Wife and I like to talk about how we feel about God and belief, in a respectful way. She tries not to worry for my soul and I try not to worry that she thinks lesser of me because I am an atheist. We do well together.

I keep my activism to myself so that Wife does not get too upset. I am learning to be kinder to believers in the meantime.

Ella S., Cino and Aupmanyav like this.
  6. RJM

RJM God Feeds the Ravens Admin

Oh really? What has led you to become so lenient?