COVID Vax thoughts

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Unveiled artist, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

The third wave of Covid-19 receding fast in India. 254,000 active cases, 38,000 less than yesterday (NDTV).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  2. RJM

RJM God Feeds the Ravens Admin

And reasonable to assume that for every death, there will be many more health effects short of death, and more as facts accumulate?

Point being: is it reasonable to pressure or mandate young people to take the vaccine, who are themselves extremely unlikely to suffer serious effects from covid?

3. Thomas

Thomas Administrator Admin

Yep.

No ... but you should offer ... and there's young around who wish they had.

RJM likes this.
  4. Unveiled artist

Unveiled artist Real life Dolls

People have always had different levels of safety for self and others. A person in China wouldn't vax for someone in the US because the possibility of transmission is so small it would be odd to consider it.

Then you'd have to have the illness to transmit it so it doesn't make sense to me personally to blame people for what I don't know (only what I am told about them; that's a recipe for fear).

But if I knew a person had COVID and they say went to a hospital or school unmasked I'd raise an eye.

The problem I see with "don't waste by breathe" as per my OP it causes problems and counterproductive. As a whole I'm not sure how these mentalities start but everyone's different.

I hear what you're saying though. What do you mean by taking advice from devils advocate?

(Assuming) Are you saying looking at facts on the opposite side will convince people to change positions?

In a religious comparison atheist scholars study scripture but historical facts won't change their view that God doesn't exist.

5. Unveiled artist

Unveiled artist Real life Dolls

Has the omicron variant reached there?

It's in the states but they say it's not as serious so states are dropping mandates and lightening up on vax and mask requirements excluding schools (most comply),healthcare facilities, and federal government-I believe.

6. RJM

I'm glad The Guardian published this 'dark side of the debate' article ...

Unveiled artist likes this.
  7. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Partied with a few thousand vaxxed folks...was wonderful to live for two weeks like the before times...no fear of infecting and sending to hospital somebody who is at risk due to not getting the poke...no masks, no distancing, lots of hugz and kisses for Valentine's.

Before I re entered the world of the unvaxxed...i tested negative...no need to quarantine... Back to masks and distancing.

If I could separate myself from the fear mongers I would in a heartbeat!

8. RJM

It's significant. Think of a bomb: deaths are less than injuries. So if there are 20 non-fatal vaxx injuries for every death, with 12 000 deaths there are perhaps 240 000 potential vaxx 'injuries' to young and working age people under 50 -- themselves at minimal risk from damaging covid effects, added to the damaging effect upon their lives and their childrens' education of two years covid restrictions -- in order to protect mostly those beyond life expectancy?
    Why don't they trust the official narrative 'company line' that sidelines their concerns while putting the main weight upon them?

9. Aupmanyav

Indians mostly are 'vaxxers'. The government has not allowed vaxing for children like my younger grandson (10+). The day they allow it, we will get him vaxxed. Perhaps school will open in Delhi by March 1.

"As more than 70% of Indians were infected with Delta during the second wave and India has vaccinated 95% of eligible population, at least with one dose, so close to three-fourths of India's population has hybrid immunity. This hybrid immunity wall is the reason India had a relatively minor third wave."
    https://www.livemint.com/science/he...ons-finds-study-read-here-11644411033886.html

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    Unveiled artist likes this.
  10. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai Moderator

Wife and I got our mark of the beast shots and booster last year. Can't say I'm for or against it really. Only got it because her job puts her in constant public contact and figured if one or both of us does get it, may lessen the chance of becoming a burden to others. It wasn't at the time, but it's now mandatory at her place of employ to show proof of vaccination or a valid medical exemption.

Aupmanyav likes this.
  11. RJM

Dr Campbell's advice to aspirate is now implemented in Denmark and Germany -- also aspiration is practiced in Taiwan and China -- however the UK still regards him as a crank
    19/02/2022
    18 min

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  12. RJM

Russel Brand
    Pfizer 14min

13. Aupmanyav

India to go for booster does for people above 60 from Wednesday. No questions asked.
    Also children above 12 years of age.
    Situation very much under control at the moment.
    New cases 2,500, Active 36,000 (down by 2,000), Deaths 27.

14. Aupmanyav

All-India active case count: 12,597 (down by 416), deaths: 13. Third wave practically over. Masks recommended. Waiting for the fourth.The younger one starts school tomorrow after 2 wasted years (Sixth standard).

RJM likes this.
  15. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Covid just hit my niece and her hubby...and their 2 year old....they are home and fighting fairly mild but irritating symptoms.

I will be getting my booster boosted.

The army kids get to play antiwar songs from.my youth with old rockers.... https://fb.watch/caFvqGJe5L/

RJM likes this.