The ironic exploitation after the wasteful desecration

TheLightWithin

...through a glass, darkly
Reaction score
Saw these.
The unmitigated gall. o_O

😵 :(:confused::mad::oops:😢😤😠😡🤬🤯😳

All conditioned phenomena ate impermanent, as the Buddha is reported to have said.

The cycle of desecration and exploitation is deeply human, though. I observe it in all societies, liberal democracies and theocracies alike.

Reactions: RJM
It's amazing how much of human history is lost simply because people destroyed it. This is nothing new. The Mayans, Olmecs, Aztecs, Incas, etc. had a lot of knowledge written down which was eventually destroyed because it offended the invaders. Although, if the Aztecs are correct, one of the Aztec kings even erased some of their history because he was offended by it. Nothing new I guess.

Is it true someone shot off the nose of the sphinx? Me thinks it doesn't take long to find that most conquerors and colonizers are bigger on looting and or destroying historical artifacts....that this is nothing new in history of humanity...

And then there's this, much more recent desecration (though I'm not sure the Guidestones were supposed to be religious, I think the motives of the destroyers are theorized to be religious)

Is it true someone shot off the nose of the sphinx? Me thinks it doesn't take long to find that most conquerors and colonizers are bigger on looting and or destroying historical artifacts....that this is nothing new in history of humanity...

Reactions: RJM
Last edited:
Back