Love

And so, given the choice, I prefer to listen to Jesus as the Christ, rather than any self-proclaimed new Messiah who likes to take the New Testament and cherry-pick the bits that suit ...

@Tony Bristow-Stagg the problem is not your right to believe what you do, but your mission against other religions, particularly Trinitarian Christianity, rooted in the Quran, which others do not accept, imo
https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/20640/#post-374813
Etc...
In the end, change will come, either by our own choices, or by the Will of God.

Thank God for Islam.

Regards Tony

The Quran says that the Torah and the Injeel (New Testament) that the people of the book held in their hands at the time of Muhammad were valid. Nowhere in the Quran does it say these books had been corrupted by the time of Muhammad, and they are the same books today. The letters of Paul and the Johannine writings were already a part of the NT long before Muhammad -- as were the death on the cross and resurrection

Last edited:
The Quran says that the Torah and the Injeel (New Testament) that the people of the book held in their hands at the time of Muhammad were valid. Nowhere in the Quran does it say these books had been corrupted by the time of Muhammad, and they are the same books today. The letters of Paul and the Johannine writings were already a part of the NT long before Muhammad -- as were the death on the cross and resurrection
Yes the books are not corrupted, the Word remains a sure spiritual guide.

Regards Tony

And so, given the choice, I prefer to listen to Jesus as the Christ, rather than any self-proclaimed new Messiah who likes to take the New Testament and cherry-pick the bits that suit ...

@Tony Bristow-Stagg the problem is not your right to believe what you do, but your mission against other religions, particularly Trinitarian Christianity, rooted in the Quran, which others do not accept, imo
https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/20640/#post-374813
Etc...
Muhammad never proclaimed himself to be the Messiah, but affirmed that Jesus is the Messiah.

There are enough passages in the Gospel accounts that speak against the trinity dogma, but I think that can be discussed eternally without anyone changing opinion.

Like you have submitted to the Name Jesus?
Everyone has "submitted" to someone or something. Everyone. You submit to your Baha, Muslims submit to Muhammad. And on and on it goes. We don't "submit" to the Name of Jesus, we submit to God trough Jesus. He is the only one who has the Truth. He is not simply a messenger, He is God in the Flesh.

I never like to use my words, these words are from a book that you hate.

5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Php 2:5–11.

13 For He (God) rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son (Jesus),
14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.
17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.
19 For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,
20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.
21 And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds,
22 yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach—

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Col 1:13–22.

There are enough passages in the Gospel accounts that speak against the trinity dogma, but I think that can be discussed eternally without anyone changing opinion.
How about we take the verses you are talking about and compare them to all the verses the support the "trinity dogma". I will wait for you verses, but please, don't use the "God is one" verses. Christians already believe that there is only ONE God. It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Reactions: RJM
Back