Facts or Opinions

I was raised a Christian, and the Qur'an states that we will recognise it as we recognise our own sons
I most certainly do .. I never could understand this "Jesus is G-d" thing.
The following is all strictly based on my belief and what is taught in my faith.

I would say you were raised in a Christian house but were never born again as Jesus taught Nicodemus. I see this a lot.. "I used to be a Christian" is another one. To be a Christian would mean you have believed that Jesus is God Almighty.

Jesus was in the beginning with God and He is the Word of God who was active in all of creation. But the Bible does say that God appears as man at times in the stories.
I want to expand on this. The pre Incarnate Christ or Christophany. Examples like Shadrach Meshach and Abednego and the fire in the Book of Daniel. The Lord appearing to Abraham or walking in the Garden of Eden. Wrestling with Jacob. With Gideon in Judges. Speaking with Hagar. There are many of these examples.

I was raised a Christian, and the Qur'an states that we will recognise it as we recognise our own sons
I most certainly do .. I never could understand this "Jesus is G-d" thing.
You were never "raised a Christian", you might have been raised by or around Christians and with Christian teaching. That's what you don't understand and never will. God chooses who will be a Christian, it's not your "choice". No one can be a Christian without understanding God as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It's clear, plain in scripture. Your god is way to small and designed to be a super human. God is God and therefore no one tells Him what He can or can not do. If God wants to reveal Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I certainly an not going to tell Him that He can't do that because I can't understand. If you aren't clear on this, this is the Creator of everything that exists and you puny human are going to tell Him what He can't do. You have never gotten out of your human brain. God is not a man nor has He ever be a man. And Christians have never been polytheist. Your Allah got this wrong, oh, sorry, Muhammad did not understand like you and got this wrong.
I sure wish that I could get all that great food and virgins in the garden. Sura 56
It never made sense to me why Allah restricts humans here and gives them all the sinful stuff in the garden, sorry, it's the special garden, not the everyday garden.

I want to expand on this. The pre Incarnate Christ or Christophany. Examples like Shadrach Meshach and Abednego and the fire in the Book of Daniel. The Lord appearing to Abraham or walking in the Garden of Eden. Wrestling with Jacob. With Gideon in Judges. Speaking with Hagar. There are many of these examples.
They are just going to PooPoo you. But you are right on, God appeared to humans in the form of a man at times and even spoke with them. Other times as with Moses, He appears differently. Once in the burning bush and then on the mountain where God tells Moses that no one can see Him in his natural state and live.

I started to think about how to dialogue about our beliefs. I would like to hear why a person believes what they believe. How did you come to your conclusion, what made you seek something other than what you use to believe (I know that I am presuming here, but I would venture to say that what you believe today is different than what you once believed.) How much research has gone into your belief.
Mine is simple. I've been a believer of Jesus Christ all of my life. My walk has matured through the seasons of my life and mostly since I was in my late 20s when I was caught unawares by the simple fact of not being grounded in the Word. God did not forsake me and He promised I would not fall a fatal fall .. His angels lifted me up so I would not dash my foot against a stone. I read my bible.. I study it.. I seek out out teachers that teach through the bible in context. I learn the history and the original languages. I seek out fellow believers and I pray for spiritual discernment.

God has been very gracious to me and has shown me His loving kindness through revealing Himself to me. It's amazing how my relationship with Jesus has deepened my relationship with The Father the more I age. I almost feel like in my prayers I can crawl in His lap like a child seeking attention. That's true intimacy in knowing who you are to Him.

..To be a Christian would mean you have believed that Jesus is God Almighty.
..and that is what the Roman state enforced.
Jesus did not teach that .. Jesus was a Jew, and he prayed in the synagogue with his disciples,
along with other Jews.

As far as I'm concerned, a Christian is a person who believes Jesus is the Christ. [ Jewish Messiah]

You were never "raised a Christian", you might have been raised by or around Christians and with Christian teaching..
You are just being pedantic, imo.
The same could be said about any religion i.e. most people don't really follow their religion.

satan was arrogant, and look where that got him.

That's a large subject. Am not going to write my biography here, only a bit.
I have been familiar with both, Islam and Christianity from childhood. My parents were not really religious people. It's always been my initiative to know more. At the age of 8, I decided to attend the reformed Christian lessons in school, because my best friend went there. Already in the first lesson, the teacher asked me something about Islam, as he knew that this was my family's religion, but I didn't know the answer. So, I went to my father, telling him that I want also to go to the Islam classes, which were not in the school but 30 km away in the community building. So, I learned both.
I never had a real change since, but I grew in interest and depth. At the age of 19, I searched for more, I started to practice regular prayer (Salat) and reading the Quran and the Bible.

At the age of 27, I considered to baptize in a Unitarian Church, but I didn't find any in Switzerland except Jehovah's Witnesses who are extremely dogmatic so that I saw at first contact that this is not an option. I asked an Imam outside our community whether it is possible to baptize and stay Muslim, and he said, No. I asked the same in the reformed church, and the answer was no. Since then, I started my own way.

After 2001, I had to position myself in Islam, and I started to study, request and review the Islamic teachings. I finally opted for tolerance of Orthodox Islam as long as they tolerate other positions. Tolerance is not the same as agreeal, it starts at the point of disagreement. I agree with orthodox and conservative Islam scholars in the rejection of terrorists and extremists.

About 12 years ago, I started the project to publish a commented Gospel edition, including the entire original (translated) text of the four canonical accounts, together all related Quran passages, some relevant Hadith with few selected apocryphal scriptures. It's already quite complete, but not finished yet.

I'm so-to-say myself interreligious. Still curious.
Great journey, thank you for Sharing. Remaining curious, is an ideal approach to our life's journey. I will share a little as well.

My Mother and Father were Church of England, my mother (now passed) was strong in Christ, my father more agnostic, which became more athiest oriented. My father was in the Australian air force and in the early 60's was posted to Malaysia, where we lived on Penang Island for 3 years.

My first year of school was when we got there and you can imagine I saw many diverse religious practices with many practcing various Hindu and Buddhist rituals. We visited many temples where I got my love of insences. My fist Bible was given in Sunday school in Penang and I had that until I gave it to a friend in the Solomon Islands. These experiences opened me to embracing a wider concept of God.

I was never inclined to practice my faith, I was just to busy as a lad doing my own thing and I was way too much of a handful for my mother. In 1975 I did a 4 year apprenticeship as a professional golfer, I had stardom in my eyes. I did pass and became a professional and played a year on the circuit, while working at a public golf course as an assistant Pro. But one needs money to play the professional circuit, I had none. A long story saw me join the Australian Army in 1979 and after 6months of training, ended up in Townsville far North Old Australia. Another long story tells of how I met my wonderful partner there, engaged after 3 days married in January 81.

It was my wife, who had a horrific childhood that found the Faith in 1984 after we moved back to Western Australia, where my parents lived, another great story, I will cut very short. We built a new house in Beldon WA, while another went up across the road. After moving in, as did the people over the road, my wife went to visit while I was at work, she read this prayer on the wall and became a Baha'i immediately, to the astonishment of the new friend.

"O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life."

O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord. (‘Abdu’l-Bahá)

When I came home, I got the good news and I was furious, I asked right away as to who got all the money, as the Indian mystic Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh had taken over Fremantle in WA at the time. It took me a few weeks to simmer down. It was then that one evening I found a book on my side-table, it was "God Love Laughter" by William Sears. I read the book and also "Thief in the Night" by the same author, was amazed everyone had not heard of this faith and became a Baha'i.

2 years later we sold our house so we could move to an area that needed Baha'i, we were asked to spread far and wide to tell the world of this message. That has been our life, we ended up in a very remote community. Along the way, many stories to be told, many amazing faith confirming events, and many years of reading religious writings, to better understand our place in life.

(I had a busy day, I started this at 6am this morning and it is now now 4pm 😃)

All the best, peace to all, Regards Tony

Last edited:
Jesus did not teach that .. Jesus was a Jew, and he prayed in the synagogue with his disciples,
along with other Jews.
This is standard Muslim tactics. Did Muhammad ever do a miracle? NO Did Jesus do miracles? Yes. Did Jesus heal people? Yes. Did Jesus raise people from the dead? Yes. Did Jesus forgive sins, Yes. Only God can forgive sins. Jesus is God in the flesh, yet God cannot be contained.

28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
29 “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30 “I and the Father are one.”
New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jn 10:28–30.

57 So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”
59 Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple.
New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jn 8:57–59.

As far as I'm concerned, a Christian is a person who believes Jesus is the Christ. [ Jewish Messiah]
21 “She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”
22 Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet:
23 “BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,” which translated means, “GOD WITH US.”

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Mt 1:21–23.

The same could be said about any religion i.e. most people don't really follow their religion.
This is true, that is why want to be Christians by name only are not Christians. I know that you will never understand this, you simply cannot.
A Christian must be "born again" by the Holy Spirit. One can not simply will this.
I have talked about his here a couple of times and it just gets blown over. Most Muslims are born into their religion, Most Catholics are born into there religion, that is why when it comes to Christianity, every thinks the same thing. Christians can be born into the religion, There is some truth in that, "you must be born again by the Holy Spirit"

standard Muslim tactics. Did Muhammad ever do a miracle?
Yes, but people will reject them. All Messengers have performed many Miracles, but that is not their purpose.

They come to change our hearts, give us the means of informed spiritual free will choices. They did not come for a magic show.

Jesus also said tell no one of the Miracles, it is a pity that the Disciples did not heed that advice.

Baha'u'llah strongly advised us not to talk of Miracles, as no Messengers have ever been proven by them.

If you hear of the Miracles of all the other Messengers, will you accept them? I would say with 99.9% certainty that a Christian would not.

Regards Tony

Yes, but people will reject them.
Sorry, there is nothing to validate this, I assume that you are talking about "splitting the moon".
All Messengers have performed many Miracles,
"many miracles"??? God always validates with miracles, but no one other than Jesus preformed thousands of miracles.
Jesus also said tell no one of the Miracles, it is a pity that the Disciples did not heed that advice.
He did not tell that to His disciples, read the darn text!!! He told this to people that He had healed. Can you just be honest once?
Messengers have ever been proven by them.
I just about fell out of my chair laughing at this. Of course a false messenger would say this, since baha never did a miracle.

(Several short consecutive posts removed by moderator and added here to post #36)

Last edited by a moderator:
He did not tell that to His disciples, read the darn text!!! He told this to people that He had healed. Can you just be honest once?

Mathew 8:
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Love and peace, I will not reply anymore.

Regards Tony

This is true, that is why want to be Christians by name only are not Christians. I know that you will never understand this, you simply cannot.
This is just arrogance .. you can understand spiritual matters, but other Christians and myself cannot.
Think about it .. how did satan fall?

A Christian must be "born again" by the Holy Spirit. One can not simply will this.
Of course not .. G-d, the Most High, guides whomsoever He wills, and sends astray whomsoever He wills.

..Most Muslims are born into their religion, Most Catholics are born into there religion, that is why when it comes to Christianity, every thinks the same thing. Christians can be born into the religion, There is some truth in that, "you must be born again by the Holy Spirit"
One can be "born again" in all the Abrahamic religions.
The most important thing is our sincerity.
This life is a spiritual; journey. We never stop learning, if we are sincere.

"If all the trees were pens and all the oceans ink with seven more besides, the words of your Lord
will never be exhauste
d"

3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
This is exactly what I said to you, the people he healed were told this, not his disciples! This is just plain foolishness. I am beginning to think that you don't think.

guides whomsoever He wills
NO, God chooses whom He will. Humans are all sinful and we can never stop sinning as you know. Telling someone not to sin is just foolish if they have never been Born Again, since they do not have the Spirit of God living in them.

16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Ga 5:16–18.

Back