Has the Supreme Court become a one sided entity representing the few?

TheLightWithin

...through a glass, darkly
Reaction score
Has the Supreme Court become a one-sided entity representing the few? That seems to be the theme of this article.

These articles address the remarks made, interestingly, by Justice Amy that they were not, in fact, "partisan hacks"

I wish I remember where I read the article, but there was an article that recently published a lot of the rulings from the Supreme Court. They pointed out how many times the justices have agreed on cases. They also pointed out quite a few times where the conservative justices surprisingly sided with the liberal justices on conservative matters. I often read MSN, which is where I thought I read it. But I can't find it.

Im concerned about the lab grown meat the FDA just approved. That slipped through during the Titan tragedy.

Justice in this country has many issues. Partisanship is real...it is part of our system.

Me thinks it slows our progress, our govt makes moves like a ball in a pachinko machine...bouncing left and right as it moves forward....protects us from going to far one way or the other.

We have as collegium system in India. Five of the senior most judges of the Indian Supreme Court select judges for the state High Courts and Indian Supreme Court. Good that there is no political interference, but the selection process is opaque. What if the majority in the Collegium is pro-government or anti-government at any point of time? At the moment, the government cannot question the selection of judges. The government wants this to be changed to a selection committee of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition. I think that will be a fairer system, but the government does not have a majority in the Upper House of the Parliament (akin to the Senate in the US) to pass such a law.

It causes more carbon output than cattle. So I don't know why it is even being used.
One study 4-25x more, another 80% less to 25% more. Neither are peer reviewed, the wide variant in both makes me think there need to be more studies and some of them proven and duplicated to validate.

But many factors need to be looked at to discuss environmental impacts. The amount of water consumed by cows to create one pound of beef will change....and the amount of bullshit should decrease dramatically (well the portion that lands on the earth...the amount of BS in media on this topic will increase, lol)

One study 4-25x more, another 80% less to 25% more. Neither are peer reviewed, the wide variant in both makes me think there need to be more studies and some of them proven and duplicated to validate.

But many factors need to be looked at to discuss environmental impacts. The amount of water consumed by cows to create one pound of beef will change....and the amount of bullshit should decrease dramatically (well the portion that lands on the earth...the amount of BS in media on this topic will increase, lol)
I'll just go with whichever study I agree with. It is the American way.

Back