Happy 2024 New Year

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year...

Dang discovered another issue I have with tradition...maybe it is ingrained?

Black eyed peas and greens...

Supposed to be good luck

Supposed to encourage coins and cash to fall into your hands.

Good luck, I put that the same place I put bad luck, and other.traditions that invoke supernatural...meh...

Eat.it....like peer pressure telling me to have a drink at midnight....I don't subscribe to your "religion" of a moment in time is special.and this raising a glass is special and this food and drink are special....no I don't partake in this community tradition, this communion.

I don't want your good luck...(or prayers)

Gad I am an old curmudgeon.

Happy New Year...

Dang discovered another issue I have with tradition...maybe it is ingrained?

Black eyed peas and greens...

Supposed to be good luck

Supposed to encourage coins and cash to fall into your hands.

Good luck, I put that the same place I put bad luck, and other.traditions that invoke supernatural...meh...

Eat.it....like peer pressure telling me to have a drink at midnight....I don't subscribe to your "religion" of a moment in time is special.and this raising a glass is special and this food and drink are special....no I don't partake in this community tradition, this communion.

I don't want your good luck...(or prayers)

Gad I am an old curmudgeon.
Heck, the "tradition" is to attend a party or three (I spent NYE/NYD with :kitty:s [which I prefer over humans by a long shot!])

Another "tradition" around here is to fire off multiple live rounds from the nearest firearm. Can you say "Darwin Award Winners"? I knew you could!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back