Sexism

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Geist, May 28, 2005.

1. Geist

Geist I am oblivion

What do expect when every single male aspect in my life uses me then discards me when they have had enough?

Do you think I'm just going to let it slide everytime and forget?

Well I'm sorry to say no I'm not. Beacuse everytime I give a peice of myself to that partner and its like its nothing to them! Do you think that feels good? It makes me feel like whore.

2. Quahom1

Quahom1 What was the question?

Stop giving a piece of yourself. GOT IT?

WAIT. pray, figure yourself out, then maybe, Mr. Right will come along But be still already. You've been given so much advice, and I see you've been offered a way out. People have offered you a way out.

Now, you wallow in your own mud, or you pull up your boot straps and stand up. Don't bite the hand...remember that?

Enough.

you don't seem to want to be anywhere or do anything, but wallow in self pity. Really pathetic. How do you get out of this?

3. Geist

Geist I am oblivion

I want to go into nursing pending the results I get in the summer I might or might have to go into Cadet nursing. I think thats doing something don't you?

I've been parying for 10 years! Nothing happens. I know myself better than anyone else what is there to figure out?

DON'T refer to me like a dog again.

4. Quahom1

Quahom1 What was the question?

DON'T refer to us here at CR as a bunch of morons who have never been where you feel yourself to be, ever again. Many of of us have been places you never want to know about.

You don't want to listen, you just want to rant. You think you have all the answers?

Well, I guess you are too damn smart for us adult, idiots, that take no responsibliity for the welfare of others.

If I wanted to call you a dog, I would have called you a dog...specifically.

Tuck your heart back into your sleeve, before it gets really bruised. You Geist, bring a lot of your own pain, upon yourself, then wonder why?

No one can walk in another's shoes and survive a mile to tell about it. But you haven' walked in anyone's shoes but your own, either...and others here have similar stories to tell, and they did overcome. It wasn't easy, but they did it anyway.

You consider that, Miss.

v/r

Q

5. brucegdc

brucegdc Moderator

Geist - please. Call a hotline and get some help. Your mother is wrong. This is not "just a phase" - it's a big problem (or at least sounds like it could be - either way, talk to someone who can help).

I don't talk a lot about my background on line - for various reasons. However, please take it on faith that I know a fair bit about how you're feeling (invert gender and it's just as painful). Please, check with a professional - what you're saying says you need to talk, and a religious bulletin board isn't quite the place...the turnaround time makes conversations tough...

I did a quick search, and I think UK toll-free numbers are also accessable from Wales (sorry if I'm wrong - being on the left side of the pond makes it hard to know..) - some contacts are (I think it's toll free)

Supportline UK
    (020) 8554 9004
    A confidential telephone helpline which provides support to any individual with any issue.

Youth2Youth Helpline - UK
    020 8896 3675
    A confidential helpline for youth run by youth.

Youth Access - UK
    0208 772 9900
    A helpline for youth that puts them in touch with services in their area and counselors.

.... Bruce