Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro Moderator

Zdrastvuitsye, hola, shalom, salaam, konbanwa, namastar ji, hej, greetings, etc.

My name is Phyllis, but my "double translated" name is Sidhe Uaine (which is Gaelic for "foliage spirit".) I know two of the members on board (I, Brian and bananabrain) from a forum that is now closed, so I decided to follow them here.

I'm kind of caught between two paths: Jewish and pagan, and my spirituality is best described as "dance floor". I mean, I express my spirituality through dancing instead of through the "traditional" methods of words since words can have two or more meanings but actions rarely have more than one. I don't follow Reclamation Judaism since I need a much freer way to express my feelings towards the Higher Powers.

I'll answer almost any question asked, but I thought I'd just say hi.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

2. iBrian

iBrian Peace, Love and Unity Admin

Hi Phyllis Sidhe_Ulaine, and welcome to the comparative-religion.com forum!

I'm glad to see we have a few refugees from the MM board - all I can hope for is that this place lives up to any necessary expectations. Mutual respect is the key here, so I sincerely hope you can find interesting and mature discussion among the other membership - present, and future. :)

3. Elizabeth May

Elizabeth May Well-Known Member

4. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Thanks for the welcome mat, I, Brian, and hello to you, too, Elizabeth May.

I was reading the posting concerning Elizabeth May's move, and it reminded me of my own move from a house (4 bedrooms, 12 human people living in it) to a studio apartment (I really miss my furred purrson, Shadow Kibblesbane, but I had to leave him behind since the landlord doesn't allow pets and Shadow is now in the Summerlands for felines, and I am not allowed another furred purrson despite having a prescription for one. :mad: )

A nice site that I frequent is Recipe Source (http://www.recipesource.com) where I've found a great recipe for baked doughnuts (I pig out on those things when I'm not at school) and it's a great comfort for me to make a huge mess in my kitchen.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

5. iBrian

Okay - you've got me curious. I've now downloaded the recipe for "baked cinnamon-apple sauce doughnuts". :)

6. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

How did they turn out?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

7. iBrian

Not started yet - I'll try plain doughnuts first.

Btw - I think you most definitely need to change your user title to "Official Welcomer", or similar. :)