the Bible from a Jehovah's Witness perspective

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by truthseeker, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quahom1

Quahom1 What was the question?

LOL, I do. My wife Angela signs (so I had to learn too). I'll watch it and let you know what I think.

2. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

ok, Jehovah provides for the deaf also , this message on the link is a worldwide message that is being given in tract form around the world at the momment ,and Jehovah has provided this link for the deaf.

3. Quahom1

What does this have to do with what we were discussing?

I stated "Actually, the Scripture I set up in comparrison shows Jesus as God...as He said. Again, I didn't interpret anything. I just showed comparrison".

The next thing we know, you're showing us were to read Jehovah Witness message from a deaf/mute person's perspective, and which dismissed most other Christian thought, I might add. (the two second bytes that attempt to counter JW theosophy).

Or maybe, you are telling me something very important. You can't hear me, and dismiss anything I might have to say...

Is that it?

4. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

as this is a JW thread i am putting over JW perspective,i realize that you have what you believe.

5. Quahom1

As this is a Christian thread dedicated to the purpose of expressing Jehovah's Witnesse's thoughts, you are correct. And others can express their thoughts on the matter, or ask questions as well. That too is correct :)

6. tommy

tommy New Member

7. Quahom1

8. aburaees

aburaees Member

However, the name/word IEHOUAH is in the Greek text. In 1530 C.E. English Bibles had the word IEHOUAH, but seeing as 'U' in English was pronounced as a 'V' when used as a consonant it was only a matter of time before IEHOUAH became IEHOVAH. The next development was the 'I' to 'J' development, English did this to a lot of names, the welsh names Ioan and Ian becam John and Jan.

9. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

10. BlaznFattyz

BlaznFattyz Active Member

11. tommy

tommy New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2006
  12. tommy

tommy New Member

13. Dor

Dor Bible Thumper

14. tommy

tommy New Member

15. Dor

Dor Bible Thumper

Oh but you did you said Jesus was Mighty God just not Almighty God.

Actually may have been Mee.
    Oh you used One instead of God.
    Try reading the Bible not just Fredrick Franz's(who had very limited Greek background) version he made fit a very man made organizations teachings.

16. tommy

tommy New Member

Jesus is like his Father since they have been together so long like we could be like our own Father, but he not the Almighty God Yahweh like some said before. It's really easy and important to know the true God to worship Him properly, the Father and the Son, seperate and distinct. Off to work...

17. Dor

Dor Bible Thumper

Yep have to worship the God from the Bible. Found in any Bible. Not just a man's version of the Bible and the study guides you are told to use.

18. BlaznFattyz

19. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

As the bible tells us, Jesus sure is a mighty God.
    For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9;6-7
    Or, "Mighty Divine One." Heb., ’El Gib·bohr´ (not ’El Shad·dai´ as in Ge 17:1, Sy, "Mighty God of times indefinite"; Lat., De´us for´tis.yes there is only one Almighty God and that is Jehovah.
    "God Almighty." Heb., ’El Shad·dai´

20. BlaznFattyz

YHWH is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last
    "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says YHWH God, "the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8)

"I am the first and the last, and besides me there is no God." (Isaiah 44:6)

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last
    "'Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end…I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to your people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright morning star.'" (Revelation 22:12-16)

These are the things that the Son of God says, he who has his eyes like a fiery flame, and his feet are like fine copper." (Revelation 2:18)
    And I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me…is eyes as a fiery flame; and his feet were like fine copper when glowing in a furnace…he laid his right hand upon me and said: "Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever." (Revelation 1:12-18)

Conclusion
    YHWH God is the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, and is the only God, and Jesus also says he is the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. It is evidenced by scripture that Jesus is YHWH the Lord God Almighty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.