Introducing Aisling

Aisling

Reaction score
Hello there. I just stumbled across this forum, although I've been here before a few times, and decided I'd join in. I've been a member of a few other Pagan forums, but stopped posting on them a few months back for various reasons.

I'm twenty years old, American, and currently living in West Yorkshire in the UK. I'm originally from Chicago, but have been living overseas for two years. I spent all of last year in Ireland, where my husband is from.

At the moment I'm in an exploratory phase, but I've arrived at Paganism by a path that started at Christianity and made its way through Buddhism before I arrived where I am now. I am mainly interested in eclectic Paganism (more influenced by witchcraft and shamanism than Wicca) and I look forward to getting to know the rest of you.

Best wishes,

Aisling.

Hi Aisling, and welcome - again! (I've already welcomed you on the other threads :) )

You're welcome!
:)
And hi!
What brings you to this windy isle? Surely it's warmer in the United States? Ireland is a better place to be with less pollution and noise I'll bet!

Elizabeth May said:
You're welcome!
:)
And hi!
What brings you to this windy isle? Surely it's warmer in the United States? Ireland is a better place to be with less pollution and noise I'll bet!

Chicago surely is warmer in the summer, but English weather is so much nicer than Irish. It rained almost every day I was there last year, and I would have enjoyed that had the rain also been accompanied by thunder and lightning. I miss Chicago storms very much.

I was living in Dublin, which I hated with a passion, but now I'm living in Leeds and find it very pleasant. Leeds is full of green places, so I'm able to run away and take walks if I want. Dublin isn't really like that; it's a dirty, noisy, horrible city.

That's just my opinion though, of course. :D

Leeds...heh! Only up the road from myself in Hull. Not been there much, except to Tropical World by Roundhay Park. Definitely one of the nicer areas. Actually should be headed there next weekend, as the youngest is at the age to really appreciate walking among the butterflies. :)

Never been to Ireland, but the landscape always seems nice. Here I'm at the flat end of Yorkshire - all farmland, no hills.

Leeds is in a good position for a lot of places - great sites and landscapes. Ever been to Ilkley Moor? That's a real mecca when it comes to contact with the ancient world. And if you can get to drive out then Rievaulx Abbey and Fountains Abbey are a great pair of ruins. Then there's the Dales of course. Simply hope you don't keep indoors too much for too long. :)

Btw - last week I went to my local corner shop and saw a Sandman comic on the shelf - couldn't believe it, especially as it was from Seasons of Mists (issue 25). I bought it, but unfortunately it was just a reprint from 1998. Did you ever collect the original series?

Zdrastvuitsye, hola, shalom, salaam, Dia dhuit, hej, namastar ji, konnichiwa, squeak, meow, :wave:

I live a bit north of where you're originally from, and I have a professor who is from the second place you've lived (Dublin).

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back