liberal vs. literal Hindu

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by Bandit, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Agnideva

Agnideva Member

Well said Jiii. It is the experiential dimension that is stressed in Hinduism be it through bhakti or meditation, more than reading and understanding of a text or dogma. In fact, the masters or gurus are respected not because they are well-versed in any particular text, but because they have experienced the truth first hand.

OM Shanti,
    A.

2. Bandit

Bandit New Member

oh my goodness. i have a lot of catching up to do here.

Agnideva, in quick reply to the little story on the tribe with the heirloom & inheritance, that was was strictly hypothetical. my response would be- the heirloom & inheritance would not literally exist.

once again, i am thankful for the honesty here. i was not expecting so many replies. give me a day or two to get back to you & the other members.:)

3. Bandit

Bandit New Member

Namaste
    Agnideva, jiii, Obvious Child, & the others...

i have read through each of your replies several times. they have all been informative & i am left with a feeling of unity in Hinduism. my questions have been fully answered & somehow i feel we are on the same page with regards to the original point.

you have all been wonderful & this was also exciting for me to have learned some new things from the inside of Hinduism. i cant think of anything to add or any questions at the moment because everything has been answered very well & complete. that is from both the ancient & the modern views via literal vs. liberal.
    thank you for staying on track with me through this, it was real good.
    i will be back to visit again.

thank you for this meeting:)