Post-theistic Christianity "Other view"

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by YNOT, May 1, 2006.

1. lunamoth

lunamoth Episcopalian

Heehee, thank you. :) I guess I'm old fashioned--I love the feel of a good book in my hands. But it's a better start that you gave me the correct spelling of his name. :eek: I will have a look around Amazon. *Thomas, Alethia, if you are reading, any help here?*

luna

2. lunamoth

lunamoth Episcopalian

That's been happening a lot here. Probably related to CR rather than your computer.

luna

3. earl

earl ?

Lunamoth, that link to that org. will take you to an Eckhart bibliography which looks to be pretty extensive. Now i'm going to the gym. Have a "god" one, earl

4. AletheiaRivers

AletheiaRivers Well-Known Member

5. lunamoth

lunamoth Episcopalian

6. AletheiaRivers

AletheiaRivers Well-Known Member

He was excommunicated (after having been warned numerous times over various infractions) because Starhawk is/was employed at the school he founded. That's what I understand anyway. I have Fox's biography, but I haven't read it.

He is now an Episcopalian.

I've attended lectures by him and have quite a few of his books. He's not my favorite modern writer / theologian / philosopher, but he's in the top five.

7. RubySera_Martin

RubySera_Martin Well-Known Member

Re: Post-theistic Christianity

I don't have time to read all the posts right now. I just found this thread because Brian collected a batch of threads from here and there for this new section for Liberal Christianity. Helps me find the interesting threads. Thanks Brian!

Just a few quick comments. First of all, I've seen references to Spong and it was always derogatory. The stuff you're saying about him here sounds like he's exactly what I'm looking for. Ideas on how to have warm feelings for the Christian tradition and Jesus story without having to believe on a dead and resurrected body for salvation.