Collect Call

InLove

at peace
Reaction score
Hi All--

Anybody collect stuff? I got some LPs, some unusual musical instruments, some old, played with Barbies, lots of sheet music, and some....hmmm...maybe I'm not so much a collector as I am a packrat? Anyway, what do you collect, and how did you get started?

InPeace,
InLove

:kitty: stuff, cookware/bakeware, "receipts", "pretty rocks" (but not higher-class gemstones), books, knowledge...

I used to have a cameo collection (including the cameo my bubbe almost always wore), but someone in my former household absconded with them, probably all sold or given away to the person's/people's "friends".

I started with the :kitty: stuff because, well, you've read a few of my postings; the cookware/bakeware/"receipts" because I love cooking and baking (and trying new things, within reason); the "pretty rocks" started after a neopagan lady "tapped" me as a "healer" and several people in the community gave me different crystals (some that, like my cameo collection, have vanished); books/knowledge started because I basically follow the :kitty: path. :eek:

Sorry about the lengthy/boring post here. :eek:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

In the past I collected tools...to use...

I used to collect Gold when it was low and sell it when it went up over $700, haven't recently.

I'd like to collect apartment buildings or office buildings.

I collect books....lots of them, I was breaking them up in my bookshelves last night trying to organize them by topic. Casual Reading (fiction/nonfiction), Biograhies, Reference, Personal Growth, Spiritual, Religious, Sacred Texts, Entreprenuer/Sales/Money, Construction, Survival, Food/Recipes, Health, School books...

Rocks...not a lot, but me and the kids have some rocks and fossils...

Memories...I like to collect memories...

I collect gemstones (and pretty rocks:)), old books, foreign coins and currency and any interesting knick-knack that I think I might be super-valuable!

I don't know which weighs more, my books or my rocks.

I used to collect many things, but I sold it all a few years ago when I moved out west to start over. Strangely enough that gave me a feeling of freedom. But some of the antique furniture I sold off I had restored and lived with for many years.

Now I've managed to stuff a 2 bedroom apt. with new/old stuff I've collected at pawnshops and thrift stores over the past four years. I don't buy much these days except when my kids are here. They've got my genes you see. Got lots of interesting rocks also. That's a common thread here. Maybe most of us are reincarnated ancient Hebrews...huh ?

On some tuesdays I collect fresh bagels from a shop down the street where Mom and I go to eat breakfast every so often. But the bagels don't last long enough to become part of my collections.

flow....:p

I'm loving this thread. Maybe we should all get together and trade rocks.

And Phyllis--stop apologizing! Your posts are many things, but boring is not one of them. :)

InPeace,
InLove

I'm not much of a collector these days except for books. I love to buy books and I never want to get rid of them, although I'm happy to loan them! I used to collect spoons from different places I visited and when I was in my teens and 20s I collected rabbits (not the living kind!). If there is anything I inadvertantly collect (besides dust haha) it is purses. For some reason I love to buy bags and purses and I'm always in search of the perfect pocket book.

Back