One day God will destroy the Devil

Postmaster

Reaction score
As a Kid I had the bible read to me in school. And I think I remember something that always stuck in my mind, something in the bible saying that one day God will destroy the devil. I guess if it’s in the bible and its something predicted, then eventually it must come true?

Anyway, what’s interesting is if I'm not mistaken the Baha'i faith does not recognise an evil deity? Prophecy fulfilled?

We don't believe there is an entity called "Satan". On the other hand we believe each of us has a baser nature and that baser nature calls us to act in an unGodly manner. That little voice within our minds is 'satan'. (lower case is intentional).

Regards,
Scott

do you think that the person who wrote in the bible that god will destroy satan ment it for this reason?

We don't believe there is an entity called "Satan". On the other hand we believe each of us has a baser nature and that baser nature calls us to act in an unGodly manner. That little voice within our minds is 'satan'. (lower case is intentional).

hello postmaster & popesays,
refering to the actual words baser nature; i've always found it interesting to note that the devil is sometimes pictorially represented as being red with hooves and horns; and the base or root chakra is the colour red and is associated with instinct, survival and things of the earth. so evil could be a fixation with this centre and its qualities. not that straightforward perhaps but i see a connection, jase

Interesting.

What I mean is that there is a switch in theological views towards Satan in Christianity to Baha'i. In Baha’i you see the removal of Satan and God is the only exclusive ruler of all, which leaves the Christian prophecy correct. Can't anyone see where I'm coming from on this?

Christian prophecy
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

That guy prophesied the theological switch. He also used amazing wording. Bahaullah revealed Satan’s true nature with his mouth and religious works and in this way he destroyed him.

Interesting post Postmaster! Yes I think that's very interesting... I think also there's been an kind of misreading of apocalyptic literature... It is sometimes difficult to fathom as it is symbolic and intended to be cryptic.

Well done my friend!

- Art

I see where you're coming from, PM. And I agree--there are probably other interpretations that are valid too. That's the thing about prophetic writing, the more levels of truth apparent the more impressive it is.

regards,
Scott

Well what’s funny is I opened this thread before I found that prophecy, something was lurking in my head and I eventually found it (with the help of Google). As usually the case with me.

Interesting.

What I mean is that there is a switch in theological views towards Satan in Christianity to Baha'i. In Baha’i you see the removal of Satan and God is the only exclusive ruler of all, which leaves the Christian prophecy correct. Can't anyone see where I'm coming from on this?

Christian prophecy

That guy prophesied the theological switch. He also used amazing wording. Bahaullah revealed Satan’s true nature with his mouth and religious works and in this way he destroyed him.

Rev, 17:17

Rev, 17:17

17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
----------------------

Baha`i's have a different outlook on the Book of Revelation.
"COMMENTARY ON THE ELEVENTH CHAPTER OF THE REVELATION OF ST. JOHN
In the beginning of the eleventh chapter of the Revelation of St. John it is said:
"And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
"But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."
This reed is a Perfect Man Who is likened to a reed, and the manner of its likeness is this: when the interior of a reed is empty and free from all matter, it will produce beautiful melodies; and as the sound and melodies do not come from the reed, but from the flute player who blows upon it, so the sanctified heart of that blessed Being is free and emptied from all save God, pure and exempt from the attachments of all human conditions, and is the companion of the Divine Spirit. Whatever He utters is not from Himself, but from the real flute player, and it is a divine inspiration. That is why He is likened to a reed; and that reed is like a rod -- that is to say, it is the helper of every impotent one, and the support of human beings. It is the rod of the Divine Shepherd by which He guards His flock and leads them about the pastures of the Kingdom."
(Abdu'l-Baha, Some Answered Questions, p. 45)
---------------------------------------
COMMENTARY ON THE TWELFTH CHAPTER OF THE REVELATION OF ST. JOHN
We have before explained that what is most frequently meant by the Holy City, the Jerusalem of God, which is mentioned in the Holy Book, is the Law of God. It is compared sometimes to a bride, and sometimes to Jerusalem, and again to the new heaven and earth. So in chapter 21, verses 1, 2 and 3 of the Revelation of St. John, it is said: "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God."
Notice how clear and evident it is that the first heaven and earth signify the former Law.
(Abdu'l-Baha, Some Answered Questions, p. 66)
---------------------------------------------------
So in chapter 21, verses 1, 2 and 3 of the Revelation of St. John, it is said: "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God."
Notice how clear and evident it is that the first heaven and earth signify the former Law. For it is said that the first heaven and earth have passed away and there is no more sea -- that is to say, that the earth is the place of judgment, and on this earth of judgment there is no sea, meaning that the teachings and the Law of God will entirely spread over the earth, and all men will enter the Cause of God, and the earth will be completely inhabited by believers; therefore, there will be no more sea, for the dwelling place and abode of man is the dry land. In other words, at that epoch the field of that Law will become the 68 pleasure-ground of man. Such earth is solid; the feet do not slip upon it.
The Law of God is also described as the Holy City, the New Jerusalem. It is evident that the New Jerusalem which descends from heaven is not a city of stone, mortar, bricks, earth and wood. It is the Law of God which descends from heaven and is called new, for it is clear that the Jerusalem which is of stone and earth does not descend from heaven, and that it is not renewed; but that which is renewed is the Law of God.
(Abdu'l-Baha, Some Answered Questions, p. 67)
------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Scott

Back