Black President In The Usa? Are We Ready?

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by YO-ELEVEN-11, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Quahom1

Quahom1 What was the question?

Ok, let's see.

2. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Change is coming.

3. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

I knew this day was coming.
    I just did not know it was coming so soon.
    I was looking for it to happen closer 2021.

Guess I was wrong..
    For once I am happy to be wrong about something.
    :p

4. Quahom1

May the YOUNG MAN, meet the challenge before him, in Jesus' name.

v/r

Q

5. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Right On!!!
    :)

6. Tao_Equus

Tao_Equus Interfaith Forums

Just finished watching a montage of reactions from around the world. The "change" is already there. People around the world again have an America they can look up to and respect, not fear and despise.

A wonderful day.

tao

7. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Truly wonderful...

When he Steps through the White house doors will be a historic moment as well..Considering that most of D.C. was built using slave labor.

8. dmsingh

dmsingh New Member

There is a spiritual feeling connected to President-Elect Obama's victory that I have never felt after a Presidential election. I saw Jesse Jackson crying; so many young people with joy on their faces; so many people of color, especially older African Americans, sharing a feeling of faith and redemption.
    We have seen this nation share so many tragedies, but never such an awe inspiring and joyful moment as this. His enemies have called him the Messiah to ridicule his ability to inspire people. Maybe he is a messiah of sorts. He has certainly inspired me. dmsingh

9. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

“If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.
    It’s the answer told by lines that stretched around schools and churches in numbers this nation has never seen; by people who waited three hours and four hours, many for the very first time in their lives, because they believed that this time must be different; that their voice could be that difference.
    It’s the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled – Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America.
    It’s the answer that led those who have been told for so long by so many to be cynical, and fearful, and doubtful of what we can achieve to put their hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day.
    It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America.”

- Barack Obama's victory speech.

s.

10. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Seems like everyone was crying. I never thought that I would see CNN NEWS REPORTERS getting chocked up. One of our local weather men got chocked up too. Needless to say, I will be attending the inauguration this year..

(I am going to bring a lot of tissues with me to hand out to people. :p). ( Maybe I should invest in tissue and camera stock too. :p)

11. Quahom1

Capitalism at it's finest, right at the door to the Capital building...(I'm funnin ya Yo)...:D

12. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

lol..I know Q.
    :)

Your statement is true though. Capitalism is what this country is all about. Soon The world banks will have financial control of all money.

If you get the chance, google ZEITGEIST and watch the documentary and then google ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM and watch that documentary. Then google THE VENUS PROJECT. ;)

13. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

14. Quahom1

Are we? We just elected a man to one of the most powerful positions in the entire world, and he happens to be Black.

And the election was not marginal...no recounts, no botched ballots. I think InLove would be amazed and proud that America spoke soundly on the issue.

15. Quahom1

16. Quahom1

President Elect Obama, made some big promises. He also sited "change" as his motto. He doesn't need to mimic past presidents, he is unique. Will his presidency reflect that uniqueness?

17. Dharmaatmaa

Dharmaatmaa New Member

I'm glad Obama's won. Frankly speaking, does it matter if he's a black president? It's strange to read that people are so impressed to have voted for a black president!

I hope he won't be so crazy as Bush had been. He had declared a war with Iraq, destabilized international policy in Europe, helped Georgia in its crimes, almost killed USA economy... Proceed?

18. Quahom1

Не велемудро для того чтобы поговорить без знания. Россия не приготовило и сделало ничего пока люди умерли. Putan сделало взгляд Россия малым путем атаковать Грузия вместо обсуждать с страной и выхоженн из атакиыми городами.

Bush was crazy like a fox.

19. Pathless

Pathless Fiercely Interdependent

It really does matter, in a huge way. If you are asking will the color of his skin affect the way decisions are made or how he governs, that's a nebulous and grey area that I don't think can be addressed, at least not by me. But how the election of a black man (or half-black, even, if people want to be sticklers about it) to the office of president will affect the national psyche and race relations in this country is another matter, and in this country with such a history of racism and white supremacy, very significant.

20. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Translated!!

Not it is wise in order to have a talk without the knowledge. Russia it did not prepare and made nothing thus far people they died. Putan made a view Russia small way to attack Georgia instead of to discuss with the country and [vykhozhenn] from [atakiymi] cities.

:D