Black President In The Usa? Are We Ready?

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by YO-ELEVEN-11, Jan 30, 2007.

1. greymare

greymare New Member

ooooh, whos the clever ones here, now? LOL

2. bob x

bob x New Member

Putin (not "Putan", which is French for "whore") saw it as less difficult for Russia to attack Georgia, instead of to discuss with the country and find a way out to avoid attacks on cities.

3. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Ok...Now have to get on the phone with babel fish and ask them why they did not point out to me that my english translations were flawed.

Sheehs its hard to hire good help these days.
    :p

4. Dogbrain

Dogbrain New Member

Pronounced like one of my favorite foods!

5. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

mine too..
    :p

6. Dharmaatmaa

Dharmaatmaa New Member

7. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Any one going to the inauguration 2009 ceremony?
    :)

8. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Guess not...LOL....

Good more food for me!!!

9. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Which one are you going to, they are typically all over town and the new prez makes a short appearance at many of them, but not all.

I often participate in the parade from the capital to the white house. Someone has to make sure the old tenant gives up the keys, and leaves it clean so they can get their deposit back and then there is the whole lease agreement thing...

When Clinton's staff left they extended the pranks to gluing cabinets shut, making off with some presidential momentos including most of the W's on the keyboards...leaving some viruses on the computers...we'll have to see what tricks Bush's staff have up their sleeves...

The most interesting thing about the parade is watching the military cordon roll up and down the street...that and them hauling me off the street everytime they roll out...(I'm in full clown, and brought in to entertain during the long waits...I usually sleep through the speeches (it's the only respectful way for a clown to behave when something important is going on))

10. Paladin

Paladin Purchased Bewilderment

Inauguration day is also my birthday, and what a present this year!

11. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

The one in D.C. ..im close to D.C. Gonna crash in Alexandria(got friends there) the day before and take the metro out of ballston or Pentagon city mall. It should not be a bad trip if I get to the metro station early. (I hope)..

12. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Which one in DC? There will be many, dozens around town. And if he is gonna be there, you'll be having a ticket, an invitation, unless that is he's gonna do it in Obama style and rent out the Redskins stadium for an event.

oh and expect hundreds a ticket...it ain't cheap...and black tie on those wings...

13. wil

wil UNeyeR1

They are talking about 3 million people being in town for the parade and innaguration....that would break all records ever in DC...a veritable sea of people and gridlock on surface streets and the subway system...

This will tax our security system beyond comprehension and once you get in will take hours to get out.

I'll bet the city shuts down 90% of the businesses and it will still be a phenomenal mess.

I am torn, to participate or stay away...

14. China Cat Sunflower

China Cat Sunflower Nimrod

Redskins stadium?

Chris

15. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Or the nationals, Obama could easily fill them both.

16. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Yes, I hear its going to be a blow out...I wanted to go to the parade and to his swearing in..Never been to one of these before. I live in metro area though, so it should not be too hard to get a ticket...The Red Skins stadium is in MD if im not mistaken...I dont think he would do that...The Mall is going to be filled though...should be packed from the capital building to the lincoln memorial and all the way over to union station...I should buy some t-shirts and sell them on the Mall...:D

17. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I spoke with someone who is going to the Illinois ball, they 'think' Obama will make an appearance since it is his home state. He said he's already heard of over 3 dozen scheduled...

18. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

He is only a human, (I hope :eek:) , he can only be in so many places in a 24 hour period....He may have a rep go out and speak for him at some of the events...Thats what I would do...Then again I'm not "B"...We will just have to wait and see...

19. dauer

dauer Active Member

The last son of krypton only human? Hah!

20. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

May be we need to check his birth certificate and make sure he was born on earth..If I find out that he is not a human, I am going to petition the court to have him deported to rigel 6 :mad:...