Black President In The Usa? Are We Ready?

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by YO-ELEVEN-11, Jan 30, 2007.

1. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

2. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

3. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

4. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

5. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

Stay tuned..more to come..

6. Tao_Equus

Tao_Equus Interfaith Forums

I live in the UK and remember vividly the election of 1996 and the theme tune that rallied the sentiment of the time, "Things can only get better". Tony Blair promised change too but revealed himself to be just another puppet. I wish I could share the optimism of so many people who desperately want and need change, but I cannot shake my pessimism. I have seen it all before. The only glimmer of hope that I can see is that the corporate cronies that pull the strings of republican policy must be scared. This manufactured credit crunch and Israel's 11th hour assault on Gaza are things that may suggest that the puppet masters do not yet have Obama on side. But if that is the case then I do believe he has a bullet waiting for him.

7. Dream

Dream New Member

Barack is a good harbinger of change, and it seems like positive changes are coming. I understand Tony seems to have disappointed you, however he did a good job of staying on top of things. For all that happened while he was prime minister, he remained firmly in 'Control' the entire time.

I think leaders, kings, presidents, and prime ministers are actually not in control. They must appear to be in control, but its more like they are playing Frogger. Each day is another lily-pad for them to jump onto, which is their function. If they miss a jump -- splat! They are surfers, seeing the wave & riding it just in time. They are daily messiahs, and each of their tomorrows is a prophecy to decipher and fulfill before we're up for breakfast. They must keep up the country's belief that they are in control, or they get replaced. That belief keeps the country going, but it steers a lot less than what appears. As long as we feel our leaders are in control, then we continue as if they are, and life continues. In the end, leaders get perks, power, and get lots of attention, but a country's actual progress is ultimately beyond them. They just harness progress by knowing what is happening. They are measurements of the curve's attitude, subject to it. They are the tangent to the curve, only affecting things a little.