God's works, scripture based or not.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by LeoSalinas22, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Quahom1

Quahom1 What was the question?

Well now there is a bit of an issue here, that has not been answered yet.

We do know that E=MC2 except when influenced by gravity wells (such as large bodies), which makes it (light) move slower than 186,000 MPSs.
    And we do know that light travels generally @ 5,865,696,000,000 miles (5.8 trillion) in a year, and we know some super novas we have witnessed are over 186,000 x 10 to the 186,000 power (thats about 3 billion years away at the speed of light). This means by the time we observe their Nova, they have been dead dwarfs for 3 billion years.

Now the bible does not conflict with this, but nor is it specific about it.

We also can measure the aging of the sun by spectroanalysis, and can give a pretty accurate speculation on it's actual birth and ultimate death.

And God was pretty specific biblically when He told us His time and His thoughts and His ways are not our own. In fact He compared a day of His time to a thousand of our years, and a day of our time to a thousand of His years (which pretty much means, "don't try to compare, there is no common reference).

So, wil may be correct in his chronology of the heavens (not Heaven itself), without contradicting what the Bible tells us.

Just a thought

v/r

Joshua

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Thank you for the analysis Q. In the time since we've been watching we've seen stars born, and die...so we (as a people, the scientists in particular) have a knowledge now that was not available to those 2-4,000 years ago..

What I am trying to indicate is so often Christians shoot themselves in the foot with some of these statements that clearly are wrong. There are so many ways to enjoy and discuss G-d, it does not benefit the cause by making assertions that are easily thrown in the trash as it puts into question all other assertions that one makes.

I love the bible, it is my primary resource book. I just picked up another parallel bible (this one the fourth column is a commentary) so with two books open I can easily see 8 columns, 7 different bibles and one commentary on each line of scripture...which translates into thousands of theologians, linguists, archeologists, translators...who have spent often the better part of their lives researching this information to create these translations....what an incredible time we live in.

I'd say those lives of dedication to G-d and the interpretation of his word are a symbol of his works.

3. Prober

Prober Give Us This Day...

I don't celebrate Easter either, unless you count eating numerous deviled eggs celebrating! I'm hip to the pagan holiday thing. Got nothing against vernal equinox stuff - just not mixed with my religious experience.

4. LeoSalinas22

LeoSalinas22 merely a shadow...

cool, man. glad i am not alone, in this understanding.

5. LeoSalinas22

interesting! how is dna one of God's works, though?

6. LeoSalinas22

i don't know, the way i glorify Him has to be as pure as possible, even though that is impossible since i am sinner, but i fear that if i recognize a pagan ritual, especially the goddess of fertility, He will frown on me for His name is Jealous. i guess you could say that i trully, utterly fear my Father. i have to be careful not to anger Him.

7. pattimax

pattimax Somewhat returning

I don't know Leo, it sounds as if you're getting into a little legalism here.

I have to go, we can talk later.

8. Faithfulservant

Faithfulservant Well-Known Member

Might I suggest that you may be setting yourself to fail by placing yourself under a burden... His yoke is light. I dont abase myself before some goddess of fertility.. I give my children colorful gifts and we hunt for easter eggs in the grass.. :)

9. Faithfulservant

the fact that every strand is unique from creation till now.. its a language we are only just recently understanding.. it proves creationism and disproves macro evolution.

10. LeoSalinas22

i don't understand, legalism? sorry.:eek:

11. LeoSalinas22

no, don't get me wrong, i understand, and i don't have any problem at all whatsoever with man's feasts, but don't you ever ask yourself where all of this comes from and especially, WHY? and not only that but things like halloween even. seems harmless right? but why demons and witches and zombies. i don't want to offend so please bear with me. thanks

12. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

In this you are correct my brother...no one will be here...on this planet...but we or our descendents may be on another or in some craft...still communicating on the latest version of cyberspace...the real question is will we still be debating the nature of G-d?

13. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

please explain

14. Faithfulservant

It doesnt matter where it comes from. If I do everything unto the Lord then I am giving HIM the honor and the glory..not some pagan goddess. Do we allow satan to take away from the death and resurrection of Christ by not celebrating it because we are worried about offending Him? If you are His then you are free from the laws that religion tries to put on you... Am I making sense to you?

Dont worry about offending me you are asking a valid question.

15. Faithfulservant

I am not going to derail this thread by getting into another evolution discussion. What I meant is that DNA proves that one species cannot become a completely different species..which is macro evolution. I am not speaking of micro evolution which is an adaption of environment.

16. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I don't believe I had intent to derail nor brought up evolution. You mentioned DNA, Leo conveniently asked my question, "how?" and when you responded, I asked for more, if you don't wish to here, no worries, it is just interesting that the very thing you are pointing at to prove G-d's works is what they are pointing at to prove evolution.

17. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Hi,

Let's get the thread back on track shall we then?

You're not the first to do this of late, but you can't expect to ask a question like the above and ask for a debate and then go and post it in a fellowship forum like this. Someone that has come from a monkey can't express their honest opinion in such a forum. Er, lol, I believe.

s.

PS loved the bit about DNA. Double LOL.:D :D

18. pattimax

pattimax Somewhat returning

Legalism is when you refuse to acknowledge how much God loves you and/or you fear offending him because you broke some man made rule. What truly offends God is fear. It is also not a good idea to get out of his perfect will.

19. Faithfulservant

I did too!! :)

20. Dor

Dor Bible Thumper

Nope some of us will be with him and some of us will be wishing we were.:)