Find your fairy!

Here's what I got:

Your fairy is called Field Reedglitter

She is a panpipe player and enchantment singer

She lives in fields where wild flowers and poppies grow

She is only seen in the light of a shooting star

Apparently my fairy is called "Thorn Rainbowwand". She is a fortune bringer who lives in brambles and blackberry bushes, and is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.

"I don't believe in fairies"

If Hook is to be believed, then I just killed 10 fairies. Perhaps that is why little Thorn Rainbowwand doesn't seem to be bringing any of that good fortune.

On a serious note. Does anyone here actually believe in fairies/and or any mythical creatures/beasts (yes these people exist)? If so, why? It is something that I have never, ever understood. The ability to believe completely in something without a shred of evidence to suggest they exist, or any credible eyewitness accounts. I guess blind faith in anything non-tangible will likely always be an alien concept to me.

I am not sure I wish to be a fairy, though I did the test and received this message

Your fairy is called Oak Goblinglitter

She is a bringer of riches and wealth

She lives in forests of oak and lime trees

Do those who believe in fairies not do so from an animist perspective?

Do those who believe in fairies not do so from an animist perspective?

When you use the term animist, are you refering to the belief that plant and animals have spirits? Sort of like the tree spirits from the film Princess Mononoke. This is slightly more believable, as kirlian photography could at least be partial proof of this. However I have seen people on the TV who believe in fairies in a Peter Pan sense, why I ask myself!

i did it and got Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinfly

She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows

She is only seen at midday under a quiet, cloudless sky
i know people who think fairies are reel but they smoke to much pot!

Yes, lovely smilies. The nature of faeries is essentially animism of a form. It is like the Goddess. She is not literal, but she is a facet of the Spirit most available to me. I do not think that the Goddess would even look human. She's too vast. Faeries are also aspects.

Your fairy is called Gossamer Pepperglow

She is a trick player on small children and old folk

She lives in spiderwebbed wonderlands and insect grottos

She is only seen in the light of a full moon

Sounds okay to me as long as the tricks are harmless! :)

I'm not so sure about the spiderwebbed wonderlands (they are pretty to see, but to live in?? :p)
...and insect grottos? I barely tolerate insects. I have to force myself not to kill any I see. I usually have a talk with them...stay over there in your space and I'll stay over here in mine. ;D Actually works pretty well!

Mine appears to be Field Iceglow

She is a bone chilling revenger of widows.

She lives in fields where wild flowers and poppies grow.

She is only seen in the light of a full moon.

Don't know about the "revenger of widows" bit. I DO work a lot with/seek to help abused women, so maybe that counts. As for chilling . . . well, I live in Maine! Whaddaya expect? How did that program know that?

Bigmacscanlan--I have some personal experience with the mythical critters bit. Don't know if I can clarify for you, but I do know people who see their own personalities as reflecting aspects of life as--to name three--cats, dragons, or fairies.

Do they "believe" this themselves? Well, "belief" is a tricky concept. By allowing themselves to believe, they tap into a subconscious reservoir of energy which they can bring to bear in magical workings. I and two members of my coven think of ourselves, at least sometimes, as dragons. Aside from frequent dreams of myself as said mythical beast, I have nothing to offer as proof. However, when working protective magic, we draw on that "essential dragonish energy" with potent effect.

It does work, so I don't question it too closely!

For myself, too, I frequently perform ritual involving dragons. In this case, I'm working with certain deep, archtypical energies--others might call them "elementals," though I sense a difference--that . . . well, I don't think they can be explained in English, or any other human language! So if I think of them as draconic, it becomes a way for my limited human mind and imagination to visualize them. I submit that they are no less "real" than guides, guardians, angels, demons, gods and goddesses, elementals, nature spirits, dead people, and a host of other entities that witches and magicians work with every day.

The question is--as I've touched on in some other OPs in this forum--do these entities have an existence independent of humans? Or are they metaphors for energies or processes we cannot comprehend any other way? Or are they the creation--thought forms, if you will--of our own minds, either individually, or as critters manifest through a process of group collective unconscious?

The short answer: it doesn't matter. It works, whatever you believe.

A longer answer: Part of working magic is a kind of mental sleight-of-hand, suspending certain areas of belief, and incorporating OTHER, possibly contradictory areas of belief. Using correspondences as magical handles--as I rambled about in another post elsewhere on this board--let's us describe to our unconscious mind the essentially indescribeable.

And, quite possibly, such creatures DO have an objective reality, at the very least on the astral, which we visualize as a noumenal parallel dimension manipulated by thought. Anyone who believes in fairies is putting energy into that thought-form. So of COURSE they exist! Tinkerbell got it right: if no one believes in them, they cease to exist!

I have many times encountered energies--wraiths--arising from intense human emotion such as anger or despair, and they do act as though they have an independent existence, even though they clearly arose within human thought.

Maybe fairies are somewhat less hostile thought forms of the same essential nature?

Being a trifle shy of giving out my real name on the web, I first typed in my SCA name and got this:
Your fairy is called Hex Goblinweb

She lives in places hexed and tainted by black magic

She is only seen in the mist of an early morning
Then, curiousity overruled paranoia, and I typed in the name I go by most these days. Here's the result:
Your fairy is called Thorn Jupiterfrost

She is a mysterious and secretive fairy

She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes

She is only seen during the first snow of winter

Engineer's daughter and general geek that I am, I can catch a glimpse of how the randomizer works, and I'm a bit curious as to how many names and attributes there are. I do have an affinity for wilderness, and consider my adopted hometown spiritually blighted for me. I also am very much a creature of first-light and winter. For evidence of the first, just check out how many posts of mine have a time stamp of 5:00 am Eastern time! On the other hand, unless this is a hint about the lottery pool my company started at work (it's up to $95 million, USD!), riches and wealth aren't something I have much to do with I'm afraid. :(

It's a pleasant diversion, anyway. Hey, Polycarp, what would you say to randomizing up a "Find Your Saint" site? It could be an entertaining exercise. :D

CJ

Your fairy is called Moth Demonfilter

She is a wicked and mischievous child

She lives close to crystal caverns and stalagtite grottos

She is only seen on midsummer's eve

I was pleasantly surprised by the naughty nature of my fairy.......perhaps I am finally outliving my old label of "Goody-Two-Shoes! ::)

Here's mine:

Your fairy is called Gossamer Demonglitter
[ooh, I like "demonglitter"]
She is a wicked and mischievous child
[I don't know about wicked... how about delightfully evil?]
She lives in spiderwebbed wonderlands and insect grottos

By the way, Maya, that's a great icon. I think I used that picture of Ganesha (or one like it) as the base for a collage a few years ago.

Namaste all,

here's mine:

Your fairy is called Tangle Goblinglitter
1x1.gif
1x1.gif
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows
1x1.gif

i do enjoy gardening and working in the yard quite a bit... but... riches and wealth i think i'd rather do without...

Mine is Fidget Hailglow. She is the protector of Lonely, she lives in rotting woodlands near poisonous toadstols and she can only be seen in the light of a full moon. :shrug:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

you know...

i'm beginning to think my fair is simply a bad Dungeons and Dragons joke... i mean... "goblinglitter" that's so close to Garl Glittergold that i don't know what to do! Garl Glittergold, for those that didn't have the Original Deities and Demigods was the God of the Gnomes.

hmm... perhaps i've revealed my geekness too much here :D

My fairy is called Oak Elffilter (As in, the filterer of elves.? Gotta make sure they don't get through! o_O) She is a cheerful sprite, she lives in forests of oak and lime trees, she is only seen on Midsummer's Eve.

*huff* How dreadfully boring. I want to avenge widows in a bone-chollling manner, too! *huffs again, for effect*

Just for fun with kids

brian said:
Here you go - find your fairy name and attributes - here!
Brian et all who have little ones to play with:
We used to play a find your fairy game; or rather find your elf-self. You may want to do this with your kids. Just get a mirror and have them lie down on their backs with their heads hanging down (coffee table is fine for this) Put a scarf over their mouth, nose and chin and draw a little lipstick mouth on their foreheads.
Voila! Elves with beards, no nose, and funny eyes, and a very strong resemblance to the child playing the game. Gets giggles of delight from your own "little people."

Oooo....I like this one! I typed in my wiccan name.... :p

Your fairy is called Moth Moonfilter

She is the moon goddess's messenger

She lives close to crystal caverns and stalagtite grottos

She is only seen on midsummer's eve

Back