What has C-R done for you?

Discussion in 'Comparative Studies' started by wil, Jul 1, 2007.

1. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

I am sure I would be willing to use it now, just stating... In my (even more so) selfish state as a child and youth a friend was something that caused me trouble and so on and so forth... Now, still selfish to an extent but I am more of an isolation seeker... So I don't have many friends... Heh.

2. taijasi

taijasi Gnōthi seauton

CR has demonstrated to me that I far misunderestimated the power and the influence that those wiley jesuits still have on the body of believers today.:rolleyes:

Noooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! :eek:

But seriously ...

The Group of people here, from veterans & diehard Senior members, to passers-by & rabble-rousers (such as myself), have all taught me a great deal.

Many a time, posting at CR or catching up on a few threads has truly been the highlight of my day, rather than a diversion. Even in my third incarnation here, I have a mailbox full of PMs that mean a great deal to me, and while I have numerous esoteric connections when it comes to spiritual matters, many of the people I know who are the most sincere, and dedicated to their conventionalfaith or religious path ... are right here.

People who have misunderstood me may not think that matters. They could not be more mistaken ... :) Torah! Torah! Torah!

Anyway, I do try to dodge the blood-stained bandits, long-tongued liars, and gun-shot devils, but CR has always meant more to me than just comparative religion. It is a Cyber-Sangha not quite like any other, and I feel that the magnetism is overwhelmingly positive, and transformative, for a reason.

Love and Light,

~Andrew

3. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

Well if no-one's going to discuss desserts with me I'd like to start by thanking Brian for creating this place :) and seattlegal for introducing me to it :).

Before I say anymore I'm going to read this from today's BBC site...

BBC NEWS | Technology | Are my online friends for real?

s.

4. Muslimwoman

Muslimwoman Coexistence insha'Allah

:mad: I want a payrise, Muslimwoman isn't paying me nearly that much. Maybe I shall go on strike until I get equal pay?!

Snoopy I can discuss deserts all day, I live in one and I like to discuss desserts of course lol

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1

yeah....on the blog site I've got over 500 'friends' a couple of them play here occasionally...a dozen of them I would have in the virtual friend category...but that is completely different story...the site calls them friends as they link to my page..

6. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

whoops!

s.

7. seattlegal

seattlegal Why do cows say mu?

Discuss deserts? We haven't even finished with breakfast yet!

Where were we? Oh, yeah: toast is the ultimate breakfast treat! :D

8. Tao_Equus

Tao_Equus Interfaith Forums

I just made a banana and chocolate fool :)

9. Muslimwoman

Isn't a desert a big hot sandy place or do Americans spell desserts with one s? I prefer chocolate cake - even for breakfast lol

Oh no fateer (it's a cross between a pancake and, and I have no idea - it's a big layered pancake). They eat it with soft white cheese and treacle here - Yuk. But with honey and lemon juice - Yummy. The only problem with it is that you can feel your hips spread as you eat it :eek:

10. _Z_

_Z_ from far far away

well i have learned so much - i hope it hasn’t been too painful for the rest of you, as i tend to be a tad brash and overly frank.
    i go to a few forums and this is my number one stop for acquiring info about different religions. so when i appear to test peoples ideas to the limit, it is because for one i want to know things to the limits and also i know i will be thoroughly cross examined by all them cutthroat philosophers out there.
    in short i think you all do a grande job! :)

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

Go away.

s.

...and no discussing the fish course.:p

12. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

Do I live near? Damn, no.:(

s.

13. wil

wil UNeyeR1

well if that ain't a slap in the face....

appears some not so disguised inside humor is not so inside any longer...

stay tuned for another segment of....As the forum turns...or a funny thing happened on the way to the thread...it's post time!

14. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

Yeah but you'll be getting some respite from your RSI.:D

s.

15. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

wil, I promise to say something on topic, just as soon as I can think of something...ya gotta believe me...

s.

16. wil

wil UNeyeR1

is somebody off topic?? point me their way... whose wine, what wine, where the hell...

17. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

Answered questions, posed questions, challenged me, made me laugh…made me cry, provided a 24/7 place to have intelligent “conversations”. Of course sometimes it is the people whose views are most at variance to one’s own that cause one to think about something the most, if the gatekeeper of the ego lets it come in. Irrespective of beliefs or opinions, I’ve “met” some great people on here; wise, funny, eloquent, slightly mad (and that’s just one person)…

I suppose I try to contribute my part to the above.

I believe I’m always changing, I hope I am. CR must have had an input into that.

I think too few and it would be a desert (sandy place, MW, sandy place!), too many and it might be hard to keep up (well for me!!). I think it’s just about right, right now.

You’re protective of your special altar-ego (like the pun:)) and very own cyber-sangha (I think I’ve nicked that off AndrewX. Thanks bro.).

I always make sure I mislead them. Teach them a real lesson about real life.:D:D:D

s.

18. flowperson

flowperson Oannes

You are all so uproariously hilarious...but YOU, YES YOU SNOOPY... WOULDST YOU DECEIVE INNOCENT CHILDREN ????? GASP !!!!!

flow....:D

19. Muslimwoman

:eek: I am not discussing my private habits on a public forum ............ oh you mean the typing woops :eek:

20. Muslimwoman

Okay I am a grown up today - MW shall not be moved :p

Increased my electricity bill, drained the life out of my laptop battery, taken up hours of every day when I should be doing something else, caused endless arguments with my husband, made me laugh, made me cry, made me angry and given me a numb bottom!

Seriously, in quite a short time returned some of my english grammar and vocab. It has given me an outlet, to discuss in my own language the things that are important to me. I am an amazingly private person, so it has allowed me to make excellent friends without the fear of my private space being intruded upon. I have already learnt so much, so it is expanding my knowledge (who said a small amount of knowledge is a dangerous thing?). I can't put it into words, it has done so much for me, so thank you so much.

Errrmm, hand out leaflets? I hope I can, in my wierd, edge of reason way break down a barrier, dispel a misconception or just make someone laugh when they are feeling a bit low.

Yes, in both positive and negative ways sometimes, particularly regarding my own religion. :(

A nightmare to get a word in edgeways lol :p It would be great, especially if they all had diverse views and beliefs.

Yes, if they learn one thing from us it is knowledge they can carry with them and may spark, in the future, a desire to learn more.