something better

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by mee, Jul 25, 2008.

1. cyberpi

cyberpi Interfaith Forums

To clean things up? To make peace? How would you explain this verse?

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

I submit that Jesus was viewed more of as a complainer... given a crown of thorns and cast out quite literally. Moderated merely for his words which were found... disagreeable.

2. Quahom1

Quahom1 What was the question?

Apples and Oranges Cyberpi, and you know it. What Path was saying is clear. No idle hands. She want's Christ to find her very busy in doing his work. Some times you amaze me with your thoughts, which I find (for an intelligent human), less intelligent, and more belligerent and attempting to control...

Isn't that what you are against?

3. cyberpi

I find it interesting how you feel controlled by mere words... is that what you would call a control issue?

So what do you think is Christ's work... behaving as a soldier? A moderator?

This reminds me of the movie "Miss congeniality" I just saw the other night... there is a beauty pagent with Sandra Bullock playing an FBI agent playing a beauty queen contestant. What does the audience want every beauty pagent contestant to want? "World Peace"

I'm sorry if I digress this thread... don't moderate my words away to the philosophy section just yet. Which world peace is the Apple and which world peace is the Orange?

4. Quahom1

You bet Ace. That is exactly what I think. Soldier, Father, Moderator, Son, Husband, Lover, Friend, Foe. Here is the hand, and I have another hand. Unlike you, I'm not afraid to be any and all (yep it will hurt feelings eventually, but such is life and for the good of Human life).

You like to talk...I prefer to walk...and face.

5. cyberpi

Well then I hope you walk and face others as you would prefer others to walk and face you. I further hope that you moderate the words of others as you would prefer that others moderate your words.

I'm uncertain who or what you think I am afraid of... what led you to assume it? Would you say that a person is more brave, or less afraid, carrying a weapon into an argument?

6. Quahom1

Indeed. I relish those that face me the same way. You...not my problem. Because unless you pull out life experience to show us, you are a no show. You just like to take control, with nothing to back it up. If I were your kid...lol I'd be long gone by the time I was 14 (I could survive alone at that age, without you).

You see, you have no control, despite your better way of doing things. You give me no reason to hope for anything. Everything to you is a problem, no solutions. Better watch out for your own, they might get away from you...lol just a matter of time.

7. cyberpi

Show for what?

How is it that you claim I take control, and yet have no control?

I am happy to hear I am not your problem. So what is your problem?
    Am I the one who defines what you hope for? What do you hope for?

8. Quahom1

Watch this...

9. cyberpi

I'm guessing that was supposed to be an example of what you called a 'no show'.

10. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

yes i agree spiritual healing and a spiritual paradise can be available to us right now, but when Jehovah steps into the affairs of human goverments then things can really get going for the earth Daniel 2;44

and it will be much better than manmade goverments, yes the end of manmade rulership is just aroung the corner. then it will be something better.

11. path_of_one

path_of_one Embracing the Mystery

Blessed are the peacemakers...

I studied this one quite a bit in the past, and came to the conclusion that Jesus was talking about His knowledge that His teachings would divide, not unite, at least temporarily.

I submit that Jesus was an action-taker. I read about His ministry and He did an awful lot of feeding, healing, etc. in 3 years. He was seen as a danger to Roman authority due to His revolutionary teachings and works.

It was not that His words were disagreeable, nor did He say things merely to poke and prod. It was that He challenged that which oppressed people, that exploited people, that separated people from God... and this is inherently dangerous to the status quo. He did not disagree with everything (for example, He did not come to abolish the law) but rather was pointing out the inherent worth of all people, and the possibility of love and faith in everyone, and the importance of forgiveness for even those that seem most abhorent ("Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"). But the elite know that if people really lived as Christ, the established structure that keeps them in power would fall. And so I contend that He was, in part, executed as a combatant of the existing State.

I also think it was testimony to His teaching. Without His death as it was, His teaching would be less real. We would not know if, under the greatest duress, He would follow His own teaching.

And on top of all that, there was a spiritual shift in this human being embodying the Divine, a bridge that was eternal came into the temporal world...

Personally, I choose to make my spirituality, my sacred text, my religion an attempt to unify, to uplift, to love.

I am not into picking and prodding and poking at people, especially with Christ's words. I believe they are there for illumination of the soul, engagement with the Divine... not for lashing out at each other. That's just my take on it. The question I'd pose to you... is what is the point of your questions to me? Christ clearly talked about the value of taking action and the importance of being peaceful. So what was your intent with this post? Was it to illumine, or to attack? To uplift, or to drag down? To simply poke at me, halfway on topic? And is that intent aligned with the purpose of sacred text?

12. Quahom1

Oh, for your sake, the end can't come soon enough...I hope you find your Paradise. In the mean time, let the rest of us learn how to live, love, laugh and grow. And be quiet already. If you were a broken record...

13. Quahom1

Have a nice life.

14. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

Mee is into the bible and its promises but many are not .

Daniel 2;44 is what the bible theme is :)

15. Quahom1

No it isn't, not by a long shot.

John 3:16 is the Bible theme...for Christians.

16. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Wow.. Both different views there huh? I would lean more towards Q's opinion than mee's.

I quite like Psalm 119:18...

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

17. Quahom1

Alex, the way I see things:

Yesterday is a cashed check
    Tomorrow is a promisary note
    Today, is money in hand...don't waste it.

v/r

Q

18. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

yes as we all know Jesus plays a very big part in the outworking of Gods purpose for the earth.Thats why Jesus preached about the kingdom .

And Jesus is the one who has recieved kingship in that heavenly kingdom spoken of in Daniel 2;44 , and he is the one who is worthy to recieve that kingship , after all he is the one with the legal right to it .

For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.ISAIAH 9;6-7

:) YES ITS ALL HAPPENING IN THE TIME OF THE END:)the son of man Jesus christ has been given great aurthority in 1914 and he has recieved his kingship DANIEL 7;13-14

And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: "The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever."REVELATION 11;15

BETTER TIMES are ahead for the earth :)

19. cyberpi

I see issues with the definition of that word.

Yes, action. As Jesus said to Peter three times: feed my lambs.

The evil mechanizations of 'prove it'.

On the one hand you have stated that the words of others can not make you do anything... it is your choice. On the other hand you claim that your words unify and uplift others.

Did my words poke and prod? I did ask you to think of something and asked for a reply. Was that an attack on your free will to think of something that you didn't want to, and to respond? Did you have no choice in the matter? My... point... is there somewhere.

Yes. Matthew 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

I agree with you that action is good: To do. Where I see disagreement is: To do what. I was following up with you from our discussion about trust... of why to believe... in others.

Your choice. Your choice. As you have said, words do not take away your choice in a matter. Why then do you pretend here that they do?

Should I be speaking in parables? What text is not sacred?

Sometimes Love becomes a mood, and Faith becomes a religion, and Truth becomes the desired words, and Trust becomes a matter of evidence, and Peace becomes a weapon counter to the will of the other... and so I respond. I responded here with words. I took action. I offered a meal. Your choice whether or not to eat, and your choice to decide whether or not you liked it.

20. path_of_one

path_of_one Embracing the Mystery

You're welcome to do so. I state my idea, you state yours. Here, I just state scripture. You can take issues all you like- those are your issues, not mine.

Re-read what I wrote. That is not what I said. I said I use my spirituality, religion, and sacred text as an attempt to unify and uplift. This involves other people and is not one-sided. You are not reading what I have written carefully and taking it for what it is worth.

Yes, you and I both know that you poke at people- you have told me so yourself. I never said any of it was an attack on my free will. All this is going off topic, which seems to be a resounding theme in our conversations, so I will avoid further response on this issue.

If you wish to follow up with other discussions, let's take it up in those threads. Why de-rail another one?

I'm not.

I think that would qualify as another thread starter. Feel free to start it if you wish to gain responses.

OK. All that is poetic but just so many words to me, to be honest. None of this means anything to me at this point. It's a string of words that all would be variously defined. I don't want to get into such definitions here, because these conversations consistently go off topic. So if you'd like to start a thread to discuss all these words and their definitions to you and what you are arguing for, cool.

I wasn't implicating my lack of freedom of choice. I was questioning your intent, which you studiously avoided revealing.