Vote'm out!

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Every last one of them!

Yes each of you has a favorite, want to keep this one or that one. It is about time the public ended the cycle and instituted term limits.

Vote'm out.

If they are an incumbent vote for the other party's candidate or a third party candidate but vote'm out.

Do you know if they get two terms they are on the gov't dole and heatlh care for life?

Currently most of our politicians that leave office become lobbyists. Well we can cut that back once we have a few thousand looking for work every year.

Locally and nationally vote'm out. Don't let the old boy system stand at all vote'm all out.

We'll recreate ourselves what our forfathers thought, a part time politician, they'll each know they'll only go in for one term because we will Vote'm Out!

They won't get their great job afterword, they won't spend millions to get in because it won't be worth it because we will Votem Out!

You got it Kucinich, Pelosi, Paul, Hatch, Sununu, Kerry, Rockefeller, Kennedy, Graham, Sessions...whoever they are, whatever they are Votem Out!

If we don't have career politicians Washington will be run by career flunkie technocrats. Term limits doesn't solve the problem. We need major institutional reform. Where's that going to come from? There's no real incentive for it. Death and taxes, man.

Chris

If we don't have career politicians Washington will be run by career flunkie technocrats. Term limits doesn't solve the problem. We need major institutional reform. Where's that going to come from? There's no real incentive for it. Death and taxes, man.

Chris
and that is worse than what we've got now....

how?

sure we'll eliminate the lobbyists and pacs who can't get a handle on the regular turn around of folks in office.

We'll eliminate the you scratch my back I owe you forever mentality can't get your bill thru without giving me something.

We'll save billions on elections and pensions.

The best we can do is learn to exploit the system for our own ends. We can take advantage of it's inefficiencies and disregard it' feeble moralisms.

Chris

Why, wil? Because the proposed bailout didn't pass? Pardon me whle I don't care, and while I remind you that you systematically ridiculed and condescended to me when I would raise objections about war or corruption.
No, not because of the bailout. I've been a votem out kinda guy when the curtain gets behind me for quite a while. I just got more vocal.

I believe I've had tons of objections to the war and corruption. I was 100% against impeachment proceedings in the last year of Bush/Cheney presidency as it was a waste of money and wouldn't be concluded in any time to be worthwhile. I didn't believe they'd proceed with both at once hence leave us with Cheney unreigned.

And Tao, yes, they write the rules we use them.

Okay, that's fine, wil, but why would you want someone like Kucinich, who is staunchly against this bailout and staunchly against the war, to be voted out?

YouTube - Kucinich: Bailout 'Driven by Fear Not Fact'

Why vote out an effective voice? That just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Everyone has their effective voice they want to save.

Is Kucinich effective? He may make a lot of sense to a lot of people. He's been pushing his agenda for years. How effective is he? How well has he done on the national stage? It might be the best thing for him to move on. And allow him to be effective.

I think he is effective, wil. He has been instrumental in establishing the movement to impeach both Cheney and Bush; he has been effective by helping to establish the Peace Alliance; in general, I feel he's an effective voice for many of the principles that I believe in, and he is not daunted by opposition. I don't live in the tenth congressional district of Ohio, so he is not technically my representative, but I do support him.

Yes, he is effective. He would be more effective if there were more people in congress with similar values and aspirations. He would be more effective if he had more popular support. If he were to be replaced by someone else, I would hope that that person would uphold the same principles and be as, or even more, effective. But one representative or senator cannot be effective in the way that I think you are talking about. It takes more than one. We need more.

Back