Jesus - Messaih?

according to the Gospel, the Word was with God and was God, from the very beginning. Do the Muslims not believe that the Word was God?

Hi

I think the Catholic notion needs to be clarified more. Unless a word is spoken it cannot exist; so to say that it was before the speaking person would be illogical, in my opinion. I agree if one says that word was with God, meaning it was not yet spoken, it would be alright; but to say that word was God, perhaps is not that meaningful, in my opinion. Word definitely cannot precede God Allah YHWH, in my opinion. I do agree that to have communication with his creatures is an attribute of God Allah YHWH.

It is also true to say that God Allah YHWH does speak with the human beings with truthful dreams, through visions and speaking Word of Revelation directly and through angels with his human Messengers. It would also be true to say that God Allah YHWH said the words or He commanded thus “to be” and with these words/commandments from the Creator, the universe obeyed and started taking shape as per His planning/design, and in perhaps in billions of years of evolution, we see the present era.

I think this helps

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

I think the Catholic notion needs to be clarified more. Unless a word is spoken it cannot exist; so to say that it was before the speaking person would be illogical, in my opinion. I agree if one says that word was with God, meaning it was not yet spoken, it would be alright; but to say that word was God, perhaps is not that meaningful, in my opinion. Word definitely cannot precede God Allah YHWH, in my opinion. I do agree that to have communication with his creatures is an attribute of God Allah YHWH.
The fact that God has existed forever is also illogical. Does that make it less true?

I think you've misunderstood something, if the Word was God, it did not precede Him. After all, the Word is Truth, and Truth has existed as long as God has existed, but certainly could not have existed without Him.
So, the only logical answer is that the Word is God.

The fact that God has existed forever is also illogical. Does that make it less true?

I think you've misunderstood something, if the Word was God, it did not precede Him. After all, the Word is Truth, and Truth has existed as long as God has existed, but certainly could not have existed without Him.
So, the only logical answer is that the Word is God.

So, Are you this post? or are you the human who made this post?

Is Jesus the bible?

So, Are you this post? or are you the human who made this post?

Is Jesus the bible?
A person is defined by his words and actions, is he not? So, this post, my words, define some part of me.

Yes, my belief is that Jesus was defined by the Bible. He was the Bible. However illogical that may seem. :)

Back