Investigation on the forbidden fruit ?

S

soleil10

7 valid reasons why the forbidden fruit was not a literal fruit ?

What is your take on it ?

1) It is inconsistent with a God of love. God would not put something in front of his children whose sole purpose was to hurt them.
2) The fact that A & E were willing to risk their life in order to eat the fruit, shows that the fruit was something of incredible value and desirability..even more than life itself.
3)It was not because of hunger. God told them they could eat “from any other tree. So hunger could not be a motive.
4) Jesus’words in Matt:15 “ Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles man….
5) It was not a test. God test sinners..but Adam and Eve were not yet in a state of sin.
6) God does not will sin. “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.
7) Jesus pinpoints “the heart” as the source of all inquities. He is testifying to the root of sin being within the human heart. “whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught….but those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man” Matt 15:19.

It is significant that Jesus pinpoints "the heart" as the source of all iniquities" He is testifying to the root of sin within human heart, within love.

1) It is inconsistent with a God of love. God would not put something in front of his children whose sole purpose was to hurt them.
2) The fact that A & E were willing to risk their life in order to eat the fruit, shows that the fruit was something of incredible value and desirability..even more than life itself.
3)It was not because of hunger. God told them they could eat “from any other tree. So hunger could not be a motive.
4) Jesus’words in Matt:15 “ Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles man….
5) It was not a test. God test sinners..but Adam and Eve were not yet in a state of sin.
6) God does not will sin. “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.
7) Jesus pinpoints “the heart” as the source of all inquities. He is testifying to the root of sin being within the human heart. “whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught….but those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man” Matt 15:19.

It is significant that Jesus pinpoints "the heart" as the source of all iniquities" He is testifying to the root of sin within human heart, within love.

I think the forbidden fruit represents self will/desire over G-ds will. It is us saying that we know better than God, and forsaking His will for us. When we give in to our human desires, we suffer or cause suffering in others. G-d will is for us to Love Him, and our neighbors as ourselves, so when we choose self over G-d, we choose evil (Calamity) over Love. [IMO]

GK

The fruit of the "knowledge" of good and evil --leads to--> likes and dislikes--which leads to-->patterns of behavior (unmindful habits) concerning likes and dislikes--which leads to prejudice, (whose fruit is hate,) errors from not mindfully examining each situation (otherwise known as sin,) jealousies, pride, willful ignorance, and aggression. Eventually, these will lead to death. JMHO.

{I really wish I could format this into a tree pattern flow chart. ;) }

My first point would be that the account is a metaphysical and not a 'literal' account.

Thomas

Back