The five women in the lineage of Jesus

S

soleil10

Tamar, Ruth, Rahab, Bathsheba and Mary.

Each one of these woman share a common circumstances. They appeared to be in violation of their contemporary moral system but through their lineage (Bloodline) and what they did Jesus was born from a sinless womb.

Why ?

By the way, the name Tamar is a Variant of Mary; Abbreviation of Tamara

Soleil10 —

Although I contend with you often, you always introduce interesting theological discussions. My contention is that only sometimes they assume what we need not necessarily assume.

I have my own little research going, for example, on the 'Marys' in Scripture.

As far as I understand it, Mary was never in violation of the Jewish Law or moral system.

According to orthodox doctrine, Mary was born without the stain of sin by a particular act of God in preparation for her role as Theotokos.

Mary is unique in that sense among then human race.

Thomas

Although I contend with you often, you always introduce interesting theological discussions. My contention is that only sometimes they assume what we need not necessarily assume.

Thank you Thomas. I think that beyond the literal words in the scriptures themselves, there are clues and patterns in the bible. It is like assembling a puzzle. It may appears that I am assuming if we look at each piece of the puzzle individually. Each post is a piece of the puzzle of the part of of piece.

I have my own little research going, for example, on the 'Marys' in Scripture. As far as I understand it, Mary was never in violation of the Jewish Law or moral system. According to orthodox doctrine, Mary was born without the stain of sin by a particular act of God in preparation for her role as Theotokos.Mary is unique in that sense among then human race.Thomas

If you do a research on Mary, there is a book that I recommend. It is called, the virgin and the priest. It is fascinating and very well researched

Back