Hi

frogsong

Reaction score
Hi,
Noodling around the web one day, I found this site. Very nice, I thought, so here I am introducing myself. I am a somewhat unemployed/retired programmer living in the North East (USA). I have been wandering the spiritual realm since around 1960 and hanging around Unitarian Universalist congregations about as long. I have a strong belief that the good folks of all religious traditions need to find ways to get together and work together to make this world of ours a more peaceful loving place. I hope that this web site moves this work another step forward.
My own beliefs come out of the "western" tradition but have wandered rather far afield of Christianity over the years. Central to these beliefs is the universal human experience of the divine. Explaining where this experience comes from is theology. I believe the contingent world we inhabit contains a divine spirit that is very much a part of this world and a part of everything including us. The divine spirit did not create the world but is created by everything in it including us and the conduct of our lives.
That is the short version of my theology.

Dave

welcome!

Welcome, frongsong!

frogsong said: "I believe the contingent world we inhabit contains a divine spirit that is very much a part of this world and a part of everything including us. The divine spirit did not create the world but is created by everything in it including us and the conduct of our lives."

Interesting theology. Do you see that fitting into any existing categories of theology, or is it strictly frogsong?

cheers!

lunamoth said:
Welcome, frongsong!

frogsong said: "I believe the contingent world we inhabit contains a divine spirit that is very much a part of this world and a part of everything including us. The divine spirit did not create the world but is created by everything in it including us and the conduct of our lives."

Interesting theology. Do you see that fitting into any existing categories of theology, or is it strictly frogsong?

cheers!

I have not yet run across anyone else who has articulated this vision. That is not to say that there isn't some book somewhere with this all worked out. I just haven't seen it. Some folks, at one time, thought maybe I was talking about process theology, but that is different. It is my idea that the divine does not create the world, hand down laws, or even write books. Rather I think she inspires and challenges us to dance with her and in the dancing we will hear the music and that will give our lives meaning. It is a gentle faith.

Dave

Sounds interesting to me - welcome to CR frogsong. :)

Back