1914—A Significant Year in Bible Prophecy

M

mee

DECADES in advance, Bible students proclaimed that there would be significant developments in 1914. What were these, and what evidence points to 1914 as such an important year?

As recorded at Luke 21:24, Jesus said: “Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations [“the times of the Gentiles,” King James Version] are fulfilled.” Jerusalem had been the capital city of the Jewish nation—the seat of rulership of the line of kings from the house of King David. (Psalm 48:1, 2) However, these kings were unique among national leaders. They sat on “Jehovah’s throne” as representatives of God himself. (1 Chronicles 29:23) Jerusalem was thus a symbol of Jehovah’s rulership.

How and when, though, did God’s rulership begin to be “trampled on by the nations”?

This happened in 607 B.C.E. when Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians. “Jehovah’s throne” became vacant, and the line of kings who descended from David was interrupted. (2 Kings 25:1-26) Would this ‘trampling’ go on forever?

No, for the prophecy of Ezekiel said regarding Jerusalem’s last king, Zedekiah: “Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. . . . It will certainly become no one’s until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.” (Ezekiel 21:26, 27) The one who has “the legal right” to the Davidic crown is Christ Jesus. (Luke 1:32, 33) So the ‘trampling’ would end when Jesus became King.

When would that grand event occur?

Jesus showed that the Gentiles would rule for a fixed period of time.

The account in Daniel chapter 4 holds the key to knowing how long that period would last.

It relates a prophetic dream experienced by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. He saw an immense tree that was chopped down. Its stump could not grow because it was banded with iron and copper. An angel declared: “Let seven times pass over it.”—Daniel 4:10-16.

In the Bible, trees are sometimes used to represent rulership. (Ezekiel 17:22-24; 31:2-5) So the chopping down of the symbolic tree represents how God’s rulership, as expressed through the kings at Jerusalem, would be interrupted. However, the vision served notice that this ‘trampling of Jerusalem’ would be temporary—a period of “seven times.” How long a period is that?

Revelation 12:6, 14 indicates that three and a half times equal “a thousand two hundred and sixty days.” “Seven times” would therefore last twice as long, or 2,520 days.

But the Gentile nations did not stop ‘trampling’ on God’s rulership a mere 2,520 days after Jerusalem’s fall.

Evidently, then, this prophecy covers a much longer period of time.

On the basis of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6, which speak of “a day for a year,” the “seven times” would cover 2,520 years.

The 2,520 years began in October 607 B.C.E., when Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians and the Davidic king was taken off his throne.

The period ended in October 1914. At that time, “the appointed times of the nations” ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King.
Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14.

Just as Jesus predicted, his “presence” as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developments—war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. (Matthew 24:3-8; Luke 21:11)

Such developments bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom and the beginning of “the last days” of this present wicked system of things.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

THE ABOVE taken from the book WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH? published by Jehovahs witnesses

YES :) its all happening in these the last days ,soon that heavenly kingdom with Jesus as a reigning king , will step into the affairs of mankind
DANIEL 2;44

That kingdom is now well established ,and the kings of the earth have had their day .

since 1914 we have been living in the time of the end, and 1914 certainly was the start of the end for manmade rulerships and goverments .

in with the new and out with the old , bring it on i say . matthew 6;9-10:)

thrilling times indeed that we are living in right now .

1914 was the start of the last days .
yes the last days of man ruling himself ,not the end of the planet as some religions teach , but the end of manmade rulerships is on the horizan matthew 24;14

but FIRST THIS​

Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first

MARK 13;10 MATTHEW 24;14
And who is the most high JEHOVAH using to get the job done.

:) NO NEED TO GUESS IT IS VERY CLEAR TO SEE :)
it is JEHOVAHS WITNESSES :)

KISS THE SON PSALM 2;12

Oh goody!! A repeat....

Isn't symbology fun? :) You can make -anything- mean -anything-....

You are such a broken freaking record mee.... "oh thrilling times indeedy doody gum freaking drops..."

Sorry, I find little excitment in "these times"... And little logic in a lesser being, being "higher" than god himself.

":) NO NEED TO GUESS IT IS VERY CLEAR TO SEE :)
it is JEHOVAHS WITNESSES
:)"

You must feel really, really, really special Mrs Smiley.

Oh goody!! A repeat....

Isn't symbology fun? :) You can make -anything- mean -anything-....

You are such a broken freaking record mee.... "oh thrilling times indeedy doody gum freaking drops..."

Sorry, I find little excitment in "these times"... And little logic in a lesser being, being "higher" than god himself.

":) NO NEED TO GUESS IT IS VERY CLEAR TO SEE :)
it is JEHOVAHS WITNESSES :)"

make no mistake about it , :) the ones who are making known GOODNEWS Are very clear to see ,and yes it is being repeated on a global scale. matthew 24;14

the GOODNEW about the kingdom and its reigning king is very good news , but as you yourself mentioned, the signs of the times are upon us and most of it is not good .

so it is very GOODNEWS that some GOODNEWS is being made known in among all of the badnews .

matthew 24;14 just what we need :)

SO THE QUESTION IS ........... how do we as individuals respond to the GOODNEWS being made known matthew 24;14

i know how i have responded to the GOODNEWS ,:) i have joined the GREAT CROWD of others who are making it known revelation 7;9-10

thats why it is being repeated more and more on a global scale, that GREAT CROWD is getting larger and louder by the day .

And the GOODNEWS is very GOODNEWS .......... that noise is very GOODNEWS:)

Numbers(popularity) seem to validate fact?

the number of the little flock is small compared to the numberless other sheep

luke 12;32 john 10;16 but that numberless great crowd is from all nations revelation 7;9-10

yes even though there are billions on this planet , only some respond to the goodnews . matthew 24;14

yes it is just like the days of noah , only a few were saved because most were not willing to get on board with noah.

and when God himself shut the door it was to late the door was shut .

now is the day of salvation .:) jump on board

HAPPY are the men and women taking refuge in him :)

Kiss the son, that He may not become incensed
And YOU may not perish [from] the way,
For his anger flares up easily.
Happy are all those taking refuge in him.PSALM 2;12

Sorry, I find little excitment in "these times"... quote]

very true , lots of sadness around because of the times we are living in :( its a good job that there is some:) GOODNEWS :) going on as well
matthew 24;14

The period ended in October 1914. At that time, “the appointed times of the nations” ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King.
Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14.
Just as Jesus predicted, his “presence” as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developments—war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. (Matthew 24:3-8; Luke 21:11)
Such developments bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom and the beginning of “the last days” of this present wicked system of things.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.
YES :) its all happening in these the last days ,soon that heavenly kingdom with Jesus as a reigning king , will step into the affairs of mankind
DANIEL 2;44
That kingdom is now well established ,and the kings of the earth have had their day. Since 1914 we have been living in the time of the end, and 1914 certainly was the start of the end for man made rulerships and goverments .
In with the new and out with the old , bring it on i say . matthew 6;9-10:)
thrilling times indeed that we are living in right now .
1914 was the start of the last days yes the last days of man ruling himself ,not the end of the planet as some religions teach, but the end of man made rulerships is on the horizon matthew 24;14
but FIRST THIS Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first

MARK 13;10 MATTHEW 24;14 And who is the most high JEHOVAH using to get the job done. :) NO NEED TO GUESS IT IS VERY CLEAR TO SEE :)
it is JEHOVAHS WITNESSES :)

Mee, thank you for sharing some of your beliefs. I had no idea what your were coming from.

I need to ask 3 questions

1) What you what do you mean by "Heavenly Kingdom". What does it look like ?
Can you be more specific ? If there is a King, will there be a Queen ? (this is a serious question).

2)You are saying that this Kingdom already exists in Heaven with Jesus as its King and that it is coming down to the earth.
I thought it was the other way around. The bible say:"whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven".

3) You wrote that it will be the start of the last day, the end of man ruling himself.
I thought that Satan was the ruler of this fallen world. Is it what you mean ?

[/font][/size]

Mee, thank you for sharing some of your beliefs. I had no idea what your were coming from.

I need to ask 3 questions

1) What you what do you mean by "Heavenly Kingdom". What does it look like ?
Can you be more specific ? If there is a King, will there be a Queen ? (this is a serious question).

2)You are saying that this Kingdom already exists in Heaven with Jesus as its King and that it is coming down to the earth.
I thought it was the other way around. The bible say:"whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven".

3) You wrote that it will be the start of the last day, the end of man ruling himself.

[/size][/font]

[/font][/size][/size][/font][/font][/size][/size][/font]

is all in the bible about the heavenly kingdom , and as Daniel 2;44 informs us it is set up by God .

“And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; daniel 2;44

matthew 6;9-10 remember the prayer and what it is all about .
THE KINGDOM

yes the theme of the bible from Genesis to revelation is all about that kingdom.
and now we are well along into bible prophecy ,and we well and truely are living in the final part of the days . yes 1914 is and was a very significant date indeed.
:)

notice it says IN THE DAYS OF THOSE KINGS , So this heavenly kingdom goverment was set up while manmade rulerships were still ruling , and that is very true because as it was set up and established in 1914 manmade goverments were still doing their thing down on the earth.

and they still are doing their thing right now , but not for much longer because as Daniel 2;44 informs us, those manmade rulerships will be crushed . And yes as you mentioned , the old rebel and adversary satan the devil has the whole world under his power , even though those manmade goverments may not realize that satan has great influence .

individuals who are in power now may be sincerly trying to do their best to rule in a good way, but that wicked one satan the devil is there behind the scenes.
1 JOHN 5;19

And after all ,man was never created in the first place to rule himself . that was never part of Gods original purpose for man.

but as we all know ,that original serpent satan the devil had a big part in that one back in the garden of eden.

and he even tried to get Gods son to go against Gods purpose by offering Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, and there glory .

Jesus did not say, hang on they are not yours to offer them to me , thats because Jesus knew that the whole world was in the power of that wicked one .

Jesus refused to be influenced by satan at that time, Jesus could have set himself up at that time , but he knew that his kingship would be for a future time ,inline with Gods purpose, so he resisted satan .

[/font][/size]

[/size][/font]

:) in the bible it tells us a lot about the BRIDE OF CHRIST,and they are into pure worship and they are not contaminated only the best for Gods son .

and these ones will rule with Jesus in the heavenly kingdom , as kings and priests , and they have proved themselves to be nice and clean they are spiritual virgins .

and there are 144,000 of them

And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. revelation 14;1

yes these ones who are going to rule with Jesus in the heavely kingdom certainly have not been ashamed to bring that Name of God to the fore, it is very clear to see, there is no missing it , it is right there at the forefront

And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel :revelation7;4

And they are singing as if a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one was able to master that song but the hundred and forty-four thousand, who have been bought from the earth. revelation 14;3

yes only the 144,000 can master that new song.

and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”
revelation 5;10

and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be the glory and the might forever. Amen.revelation 1;6

yes Jesus has his bride:)

Jehovah’s purpose is to sanctify his great and holy name and vindicate his universal sovereignty.

By his incomparably wise “administration,” or way of managing things, Jehovah sent his firstborn Son to earth, where he was tested to the limit.

Furthermore, Jehovah determined that the Messianic Kingdom government of his Son would include humans who had also upheld His sovereignty until death.—Ephesians 1:8-12; Revelation 2:10, 11

[/font][/size]

[/size][/font]

its a heavenly kingdom

. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

[/font][/size]

The bible say:"whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven".

[/size][/font]

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will be the thing bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loose on earth will be the thing loosed in the heavens.”. matthew 16;19

Peter is not given first place among the apostles, nor is he made the foundation of the congregation. Jesus himself is the Rock-Mass upon which his congregation will be built.

But Peter is to be given three keys with which to open, as it were, the opportunity for groups of people to enter the Kingdom of the heavens.

Peter would use the first key at Pentecost 33 C.E. to show repentant Jews what they must do to be saved.

He would use the second shortly afterward to open to believing Samaritans the opportunity to enter God’s Kingdom.

Then, in 36 C.E. he would use the third key to open to uncircumcised Gentiles, Cornelius and his friends, the same opportunity.

Peter used “keys” entrusted to him to open up (to Jews, Samaritans, Gentiles) the opportunity to receive God’s spirit with a view to their entering the heavenly Kingdom

but now most of the 144,000 who have been gathered and chosen over the centuries,are now up there in heaven with Jesus .
shortly after Jesus recieved his kingship in 1914 the resurrection of those asleep in death would have started, and now they are ruling as kings and priests with Jesus .

[/font][/size]

[/size][/font]

yes 1914 was the start of the last days for manmade goverments. since 1914 we have been living in the time of the end

and yes as the bible informs us in 1;john 5;19

We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.

So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time; and the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it. matthew 4;5-6

Now the wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were as those of a bear, and its mouth was as a lion’s mouth. And the dragon gave to [the beast] its power and its throne and great authority.
revelation13;2

Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
john 12;31

satan has already been cast out of the heavens in 1914 because Jesus threw him out . As revelation 12;9 informs us . but at the momment he is very active down here.

he is very angry because he knows that he only has a short peiod of time left before he is put away for a 1000 years.

then GODS HEAVENLY KINGDOM can rule without the old rebel trying to mess things up .

1000 years without satan will bring great changes and great blessings to those who are willing to put their trust in Gods kingdom. with no interferance at all:)

Back