Hello

neoxenos

Reaction score
Hello,

These are very nice forums, I hope to learn from everyone.

Thank you,
Steve

Apologies for welcoming you before - I have to admit I was rather uncertain before, but you seem as civil and dedicated as any of us - so a belated and warm welcome to CR. :)

I said:
Apologies for welcoming you before - I have to admit I was rather uncertain before, but you seem as civil and dedicated as any of us - so a belated and warm welcome to CR. :)
Yes, well, I can talk too much on just about anything here, and, sometimes I do, and become arrogant.

Then later I apologize about everything. :)

"Wu-wei"

Steve

Sorry - typo - I should have said:

"...sorry for not welcoming you before..."

As for talking about everything - feel free. :)

Just had ourselves a couple of self-professed modern "prophets" kicking their heels up here recently, so my eye has been a little slanted. :)

I said:
Sorry - typo - I should have said:

"...sorry for not welcoming you before..."

As for talking about everything - feel free. :)

Just had ourselves a couple of self-professed modern "prophets" kicking their heels up here recently, so my eye has been a little slanted. :)
Hehe. Yes, that does make a little more sense now. No problem.

I would just like to properly introduce my book.

A Pragmatic Reevaluation: Life, Religion, and Sexuality

It deals with a lot of topics in fewer than 200 pages. Including: Esoteric Psychology, Transmigration, Meditation, Alchemy, Kabbalah, Maithuna, the Theosophical septenary... not just within the normal respective sects that these terms are usually associated with, but within many different religions, although it is predominately through a Christian viewpoint. It is, no doubt, a short course of comparative religion in and of itself, although I am already certain most people will disagree with what is said about their particular sect.[font=&quot]

The majority of the book is based off direct experience.

[/font][font=&quot][/font]
Thank you!

Steve

Namaste neoxenos,

thank you for the post.

neoxenos said:
.... although I am already certain most people will disagree with what is said about their particular sect.[font=&quot]

[/font]
i can well understand why... i'm at page 12 and i've seen several things with which i'd like to have clarification or explanation.... i suppose that i'm too dense to "get it" my loss :)

in any event... perhaps.... rather than disparaging those folks that do read your book and don't "get it" you could consider another approach?

Vajradhara said:
Namaste neoxenos,

thank you for the post.

i can well understand why... i'm at page 12 and i've seen several things with which i'd like to have clarification or explanation.... i suppose that i'm too dense to "get it" my loss :)

in any event... perhaps.... rather than disparaging those folks that do read your book and don't "get it" you could consider another approach?
Hello,

Well, the reality is I have little input about the book, and the little I do have, has been harsh to put it nicely. Of course that was months ago and although the book is now far superior than it was then (most of it has been rewritten and competely restructured) it is still quite possible that it is still not very good at all. I have never written anything of major length before, so, it is possible I am just a bad writer. All of this is OK to tell me.

That being said, I do wish to hear comments, however not so much on the content itself but rather the actual writing of the book. For example, if the Prologue makes no sense to reader. :eek: Some of the vagueness is intentional, perhaps it is too much, perhaps the Prologue is too pessimistic...

One has the right to tell me anything they wish and hope they do so freely, however I guess I was just warning that my book may upset some people.

Thanks,
Steve

Back