Moderation

There's an anti-spam filter that engages on the first 10 posts of a new member, looking for comment elements used in automated forum spam. It's likely something in your previous post inadvertently triggered it. We don't get many false positives, but when we do, they are simple to correct.

Hopefully that helps. :)

I am still being moderated. Are there moderators who check the forum daily? I posted one last night, it told me that I had to wait for a moderator to approve it but the next day...still my post is not there. I tried to post again today.. same thing. Yet strangely I can post right here with no problem. I am not a spammer so couldn't someone just modify my privileges?

I am still being moderated. Are there moderators who check the forum daily? I posted one last night, it told me that I had to wait for a moderator to approve it but the next day...still my post is not there. I tried to post again today.. same thing. Yet strangely I can post right here with no problem. I am not a spammer so couldn't someone just modify my privileges?

Hi atypican,

I am not sure why your posts are being held up in moderation. You just hit 10 posts, so things should clear up soon. Are you putting links in your posts? If so, this is probably the reason. Also, there are some words that the anti-spam filter looks for in new members.

I don't see your posts in moderation, but perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Also, belated welcome to IO. :) I am sorry you are hitting this snag and I am sure it will be cleared up soon.

luna

Back