spiders???

shawn

Reaction score
Just a question...what are these slurp and bot spiders and what are they doing?
Are they automated data miners which report back to someplace when they find whatever they are programmed to look for, or are they representative of people somewhere?

Just a question...what are these slurp and bot spiders and what are they doing?
Are they automated data miners which report back to someplace when they find whatever they are programmed to look for, or are they representative of people somewhere?

Of course they are. The FBI about 18 months ago switched on their supercomputer that collects every character ever put on the web, stores it for a time and runs it through an evolving keyword search program. No doubt China, Russia and who knows else have similar capability.
I have noticed search engines are not delivering information about certain groups, and esp bad news about the Catholic Church, that I know exists so I suggest you try to copy anything Big Brother will get round to erasing from finding again.

The bots are from search engines, usually Google and Yahoo, so that they can find the discussion pages, and then make them accessible for relevant searches on Google et al.

Hope that helps. :)

Back