* ENLIGHTENED *.....by.....* SCIENCE *

Hi Shawn —

Enlightened are our homes and cities and work places with the glow of scientifically devised mechanisms which illuminate our world.
And again, enlightened we are through the arts and humanities ... science cannot claim to be the sole architect of all that is good in the modern world.

For anyone to say that such things are not advancements, or progress, they would have to be somewhat of a Luddite.
And many regard the notion of 'progress' as false, reductionist, and the product of a materialist-consumerist society.

One is not dependent upon science to be happy. And many note wistfully that we are technology-rich, but impoverished in so many other ways.

We live longer thanks to science, not religion.
And we can live eternally, thanks to religion, not science. :D

Our usage of Science has given us tools which can be mis-used and can utterly destroy us as a species and we see that religion, this alleged moral guide and wonderful peace bringer has instead pitted humanity against each other as we have divided up into diverse religious factions which are far from united in brotherhood and solidarity, instead we see people inflamed by their religious biases into hatred and violence towards those of "other" religions.
This is the stupidity which can no longer be tolerated.
These divisions must be stopped or they will destroy us all.
This is a specious and out-moded argument. Science has proved itself amoral, and the provider of weapons beyond all imagining; the slaughter of people on a grand scale.

I am constantly delighted by science, but I am not blind to the fact it's an instrument in human hands, you seem to treat it as if it is an entity on its own account, and if it were, it would be a god.

Thomas

Our usage of Science has given us tools which can be mis-used and can utterly destroy us as a species and we see that religion, this alleged moral guide and wonderful peace bringer has instead pitted humanity against each other as we have divided up into diverse religious factions which are far from united in brotherhood and solidarity, instead we see people inflamed by their religious biases into hatred and violence towards those of "other" religions.

Non-sense poetry.

Read each mornings tabloid ---Man Bites dog(s) repeatedly page after page!
This is NOT brough-about by Religious observation of Rules of human behavior!

The world's prisons and police stations are not "un-guard" against Religious Union negotiators. Money, Greed & Lust make the world go round.
family values contribute Man-Power to succesive generations to the Mass Races.

Luddite? What currency does this word carry? None!

The 20th Century is a text-book cataloge of what happens with the proliferation of technology --ie: millions of women display themselves nude for comsumption by millions of teen wankers the world over ---and the irreligous propaganda of Flesh-eating trown into the cocktail decorated by nature's & Socio-path's rage fill the daily readings of street-cleaners and their comrades everywhere.

What is the use of "delighted by science" = polished animal life.

hi shawn —

and again, enlightened we are through the arts and humanities ... Science cannot claim to be the sole architect of all that is good in the modern world.

the arts and the humanities are also sciences as they are a collection of facts and natural rules/laws/processes. Although it is a stretch to claim they are all sciences as some are pure twaddle and intellectual masturbation.

and many regard the notion of 'progress' as false, reductionist, and the product of a materialist-consumerist society.

I agree that our present trend has its faults, but one cannot point the finger at our greater insights and abilities and say the fault lies therein.
My assertion is that the fault lies in our use of our tools which is dictated by our still muddled and confused ideologies/belief systems.
For example:
Why do some muslims have such intolerance for people whom they consider infidels and why such malicious labeling in the first place?
Why do people of all races have a percentage of people in them who are very racially biased to the point of having hatred towards those who are of other races?
Why did the catholic church have such intolerance towards those they labeled as heretics and why such a program to control knowledge to the point of using the libelous term witch and applying violence against those so labelled?
The answers to questions of this sort can be found when one examines the ideologies believed/embraced by those who are so afflicted with these faults.

one is not dependent upon science to be happy. And many note wistfully that we are technology-rich, but impoverished in so many other ways.

And we can live eternally, thanks to religion, not science. :d

that is just funny. And you call my opinions specious.
There is absolutely zero proof for that assertion.
My assertion (equally unprovable) is that we are spiritual beings already and thus eternal irrespective of whatever religion one adheres to or not.
And man's application of science has opened up new vistas into the workings of the human being and thus revealed ways to extend life spans if desired.

this is a specious and out-moded argument. Science has proved itself amoral, and the provider of weapons beyond all imagining; the slaughter of people on a grand scale.

man, using science can build better tools which can be turned into weapons, but it is not the cause of our destructive ideologies.
Where does the hatred for others come from, the jealousies, the petty spite, the ire?

i am constantly delighted by science, but i am not blind to the fact it's an instrument in human hands, you seem to treat it as if it is an entity on its own account, and if it were, it would be a god.

this allegation of yours is completely wrong. I am applauding a system of thought, but that is all science will ever be, a system of thought....a better way to use our diverse talents, as opposed to squandering such coin on the specious nonsense promoted by prattling religionists/cultists which has created the evil conditions we find ourselves saddled with.

thomas

Non-sense poetry.

Read each mornings tabloid ---Man Bites dog(s) repeatedly page after page!
This is NOT brough-about by Religious observation of Rules of human behavior!

The world's prisons and police stations are not "un-guard" against Religious Union negotiators. Money, Greed & Lust make the world go round.
family values contribute Man-Power to succesive generations to the Mass Races.

Luddite? What currency does this word carry? None!

The 20th Century is a text-book cataloge of what happens with the proliferation of technology --ie: millions of women display themselves nude for comsumption by millions of teen wankers the world over ---and the irreligous propaganda of Flesh-eating trown into the cocktail decorated by nature's & Socio-path's rage fill the daily readings of street-cleaners and their comrades everywhere.

What is the use of "delighted by science" = polished animal life.
And just what guides men through the daily maze besides their ideologies/belief systems?
This foundational component, our main-beam/cornerstone, so to speak, is what I am examining, as it underpins everything we do.

We can be so much more, if ever we can transcend the limitations imposed upon us by our superstitious belief systems.

Thanks Shawn for baring with my overbearing-ness.

Of course I do give thanks for all advancement et al ---yet, here we discuss theoretically about the sublime vs the mundane. And this hopefully becomes a fun exercise for all.

our superstitious belief systems

Inflation, dictatorship, famine, drought, death, floods, landslides, brush-fires, snow-storms, tsunamis, earthquake, insanity, unemployment, STD's, Steet-thugs, bed-bugs ---these things are NOT for WINNERS LIKE US!

I don't need no freakin': Inflation, dictatorship, famine, drought, death, floods, landslides, brush-fires, snow-storms, tsunamis, earthquake, insanity, unemployment, STD's, Steet-thugs, and bed-bugs ---because I NOT a Loser! I deserve the best! And I'm gonna help people! Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!

Thus, aside from gratifing ones sensual facilities 24/7, there are bigger concerns to occupy ones time with . . . especially since there will be plenty of time to rest when we're dead.
OTOH, there will be plenty of time to "chew the cud" birth after birth ---until the Absolute Truth is arrived at.

part 3:
What I have been describing is only part of what these "others" have been doing.
By the time of the 19th century, it was obvious that Western civilization was rapidly spreading science and industrial technology across the globe in spite of the efforts to thwart it.
At that point, the "others" changed their tactics.
They actually began to stimulate and accelerate scientific discovery by leaking information in various quarters that precipitated major breakthroughs.

The sharp discontinuities and nonlinearities that attended the major breakthroughs in physics and mathematics in the late 19th and early 20th centuries have been a mystery for a long time.
In the opinions of many learned scholars it has been suggested that such conceptual revolutions could not have happened in the time they did without some external influence.
Why would the "others" do such a thing when their policy up until that time had been to retard their rival?
Possibly they were forced to accept the fact that their ideological methodologies had failed to hold back humanity, therefore, if Earth was about to become a high-technology planet anyway, in spite of the efforts to thwart it, the "others" would use their already established infrastructure of influence to steer that advancement in such a direction that their rivals would eliminate themselves.

In other words "they" set out to engineer events in such a way that the sciences which they themselves had helped develop would not be used to eradicate the scourges that had plagued mankind throughout history, but to wage war on a global scale and with unprecedented ferocity.

Contentions:
-Agents of the "others" infiltrated the European nobility at the end of the 19th century and created the rash of internecine jealousies that culminated in WWI.
-It was an "others" controlled organization that seized control of Russia after the 1917 revolution and developed the prototype for the totalitarian police state.
-It was an "others" influenced group which emerged from the wreckage of postwar Germany which resurrected the hatreds that the League of Nations was formed to resolve by peaceful means.
They were led by some very carefully selected and trained individuals.
-WWII was supposed to be an all out nuclear battle.
The necessary scientific, political, social and economic prerequisites had all been taken care of, but it didn't work out as planned.

(more to come...perhaps)

Back