Other questions on reincarnation

An absolute individual*** never swaps places with another individual.
An absolute individual-Brick never swaps places with another individual-Brick.

An individual-theatre seat never swaps places with another individual-theatre seat.

If we assigned 'each location' of 'space & matter' in the cosmos an 'X-Y-Z corrodinate' and called each point a 'vector-point' or 'address' or 'entity serial number' or 'tracking number' or 'a provencial paternal father's namesake':
"An absolute individual never swaps places with another individual" ---ergo, each point of space & each speck of matter & each individual "persona [aka, soul or consciousness possessing entity (aka, sentient being)]" are placed on the stage of existence in a differing and unique POV. Everyone is viewing the same Cosmic Movie screen ---from differing POVs.

The individual consciousness possessing entity is re-born [transmigrates] to another future body.

It is the consciousness possessing entity that is re-born WITHOUT A TRACE OF THEIR PREVIOUS PERSONALITY/TRAITS/MEMOMRIES etc ----except their KARMIC DEPT [to society].

The past birth is NOT re-appearing again when the word Re-Born is used.

It is the consciousness possessing entity [aka, individual soul] that transmigrates to the next body. The next body can be one of "8,400,000 Species of Life ---this refers to any of all the existent forms of life".

Q. Who [consciousness possessing entity] gets which new birth in what stratum of life? ---A. The next life is predicated on the Works preformed in the last life ---exactly like a Work CV or work resume allows carte-blanche entre to ideal positions.

The difference:
a] re-birth is the second birth of the same personality.
b] Reincarnation is re-birth of the same Atman.

a] "Born again Christian" is an adult declaration and re-commitment to Faith as first popularised in the '60 & '70s America. I do presume that Jesus Christ Coined the term in the NT.
There is a term also used in Hinduism ['dvija' second birth] where similarly, yet with older provinance, refers to a young man taking 'brahman-initiation' [a social-religio norm (sacrament) akin to bar-mitzvah].

b] YES, "Reincarnation is re-birth of the same Atman" ---yet the atman DOES NOT RETAIN any remnants of the past life ---except for the karmic-payback, karmic-payback is a totally material mundane impersonal reckoning of the acts once put into motion that later re-appear enmass as time & Place & circumstance allow ~karmic-payback, can be old debts and/or new debts and/or unknown debts.
Because the atman DOES NOT RETAIN any remnants of the past life --this is the embarrassing*** spiritual/sublime/astral quandry: IN LIFE, WE THINK WE ARE OUR BODY---IOW, WE THINK OUR EGO IS FOREVER WHAT AS IT IS IN THE PRESENT LIFE.
But, the objective fact is that WE ARE NOT THIS MATERIAL BODY, WE ARE SPIRIT-SOUL [individual consciousness possessing entity].

IMO, The best term for this re-born occurance [as past down to me by the famous wise old Swami named Bhakti vedanta Swami] is:
Transmigration of the soul.
"Reincarnation" refers to tha act of the Transmigration of the soul.
When the soul is "Re-born" in a next life ---it refers to tha act of the Transmigration of the soul.

Pleas don't be bashfull and avoid telling me I am wrong.

at your service, while on hours,
Bhaktajan

***PS: IMO, The Buddhist doctrine that says there is a not soul to begin with, yet a soul-less entity Transmigrates, birth after birth since time immemorial, in the cycle of samsara, because of accrued Karmic-payback [karma-phalam, fruits of works], IS ALL A PHANTASMAGORIC FALSE TEMPORAL EXISTANCE OF AN EGO THAT WONT STOP SEEKING PLEASURE & THUS, GETS INTO KARMIC ENTANGLEMENT---certainly has concluded correctly & loigcally that the false ego in samsara is an embarassment, and one should seek release from this embarrassing cycle of samsara.

>>re-birth is the second birth of the same personality
bhaktajan>There is a term also used in Hinduism ['dvija' second birth] where similarly, yet with older provinance, refers to a young man taking 'brahman-initiation'

I think, no. This "re-birth" doesn't belong to the "re-birth" en question. I meant the same individual soul to be born again. At least, I understand it this way. My English's not perfect and I'll be glad if you explain what is meant in "re-birth".
If it's still the second birth of the same soul, then I guess it's not a philosophical conception. All parts of soul are to be destructed in and after dying process. All the koshas, so to say, are made free. They will be used by another soul to reincarnate.

>Because the atman DOES NOT RETAIN any remnants of the past life --this is the embarrassing*** spiritual/sublime/astral quandry: IN LIFE, WE THINK WE ARE OUR BODY---IOW, WE THINK OUR EGO IS FOREVER WHAT AS IT IS IN THE PRESENT LIFE.
But, the objective fact is that WE ARE NOT THIS MATERIAL BODY, WE ARE SPIRIT-SOUL [individual consciousness possessing entity].

This "individual consciousness possessing entity" theory has got a slight smell of a personal "EGO" in itself. Don't you think so?
If it doesn't retrain any remnants of past lives, then what is karma?

I believe "second birth" refers to enlightenment, when a person is no longer forced to reincarnate, and is finally free to move onto a higher-than-human level of consciousness. I also believe that "second birth" referrs to what was originally called being "born again" in Christianity (achieving enlightenment and being freed from compulsory physical birth). But as we know, being "born again" has taken on a completely different meaning in present-day Christianity. (There are still people who refer to being "born again" as finally being able to escape the rounds of reincarnation, as I contend was the original Christian meaning. I also contend that the ideas of reincarnation, karma, and enlightenment were very much parts of what Jesus taught.)

Back