Dangers Of 'Faith' Healing?

Discussion in 'Alternative' started by enlightenment, Mar 19, 2011.

1. NiceCupOfTea

NiceCupOfTea Pathetic earthlings

just to add that I would not necessarily classify placebo and faith healing together, not all the time anyway.

sometimes

2. Sam Albion

Sam Albion akaFrancisKing:ViveLeRoi!

for me, it depends what a person suffers with. I don't think... broken bones, or cancer, can be cured by faith healing, but... neurotic conditions -- yes. Definately.
    My issue, at the moment, is with "deliverance ministries", advising people with addicitionss and psychiatric disorders that they are possessed by demons/evil spirits/have been cursed by witches. Now, that's dangerous... for obvious reasons.

Overall, though, if there is no money changing hands, and if there is a positive change in a healed individual, then I see no harm in it. As others posters state-- placebos work... sometimes...

I find the idea of prescribed placebos a little erroneous, though. Why on earth would the average doctor prescribe (at a cost), an agent that has no clinical use? In todays NHS climate? I find it unlikely...

I'd like to see the stats... any links??

3. luecy7

luecy7 New Member

Ah, the fear of being duped. Lied to. Manipulated. I agree, and the biggest faith healer out there is government. Most everyone is duped over, and over, and over again. I do not see government healing anyone, or any thing. Do you? Mostly it orders, kills, controls, regulates, spends peoples lives, and kills massive trees in a sea of paperwork. People are duped, usually coerced, into paying the government huge sums of money. When it speaks, it always speaks of healing. There will forever be a new or recycled policy to allegedly save us all from ourselves. The public that serves government does accomplish many things, but did we really need that government to do it? There can be some good in it, though. Not for that massive excess in power handed over to a few elite celebrities, whether the rhetoric or ideals were true or not. I'm saying there may be a small bit of good available in it for a different reason. To provide an example, I invite your judgment: Do you like it when someone has faith in you?

4. NiceCupOfTea

NiceCupOfTea Pathetic earthlings