Just Joined...

joseftu

Reaction score
And very pleased to be here!

A few words by way of introduction. I'm a professor of English at a community college--I'm older than I've ever been, and now I'm even older.

I grew up Jewish (conservative, to be exact), and had a fairly good religious education, and Jewish social life, until I went to college. There I had a brief period in which I was born again and baptized as a Christian--and after ending that involvement, I moved to a particularly obnoxious brand of aggressive atheism. Now (for the past ten years or so) I've "returned" to my Judaism, and identify culturally and spiritually as a Jew, but I'm not particularly rigorous in my observance.

I'm looking for conversation--not afraid of argument, but very much committed to civil, rational discourse--which seems to be in plentiful supply here! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Joe

You sound particularly interesting. Weclome aboard. In my experience here the discussion is frequently slow, but when it takes place its almost always civil, intelligent and often enlightening. Check back often. The old threads are always worth checking.

Mus Zibii said:
You sound particularly interesting. QUOTE]

lol, yeah professor.. welcome aboard, you've just met with the wanton child of the site )
im not labeling myself btw ))

Hi Joe and welcome to CR. :)

And, yes, I'm afraid I've been a little neglectful on helping set up discussions, though I've repaired a few broken URLs on the main site. Got some major work deadlines to pass, then free time to really get stuck in here with again. :)

I wasn't blaming you. Great site. Its just that lurkers have tended to remain lurkers. Although, I think I prefer than to 50 redundant replies to a single thread.

Mus Zibii said:
I wasn't blaming you. Great site. Its just that lurkers have tended to remain lurkers. Although, I think I prefer than to 50 redundant replies to a single thread.
lurker... loved that word...
i think i am a lurker. however it seemed such a negative word, it actually saves you being hurted by others. hmmm... though the love you needed also can not be achieved, as we are, it seems, social creatures.
hate long unnecessary words. Burrough anyone?
"Language is a virus..."

Mus Zibii said:
Ideally, I should be provoking discussion, constantly raising topics - but my time has been very constrained so far. :(

There are a ton of good topics. Just not many views. There seems to have been a burst right after I belly-ached. I should whine more often.

Burrough anyone?
"Language is a virus..."
Heh. Gotta love Burroughs.

Back