Altered States - How to get there?

A 'sadhu' (renunciate) is not a shaman.

But a shaman is a sadhu.

A 'mantree' is not a sadhu ---but he better be a shaman.

A Guru may also be present in the utterences of every fool too.

Shamans are termed as 'Ojhas'.

A Shaman is the wise sage as well as the medicine man.

These Babajis are smoking ganja and passing the time in Krishna Katha.

Versus, Homeboys drinking vodka and arguing over football scores.

So it is a different league altogether. Those renounced babjis are having an anxiety-free life.

The vaishnava sadhu (if he is one, i.e., initiated in a particular tradition) should not have been smoking ganja.

He is a shivite devotee! What is so surprising & inexplicable for you is this?

Don't you know of these old traditions?

The vaishnava sadhu ---if he is one

Why do you say this? Do you not know your South Indian Tilak styles?

Is the fellow puffing ganja a fraud? Living off donations whilst smoking pot.

BTW, Why assume he's a sadhu at all? He could just be a local farmer wearing tilak during a festival.

checked and read the links... cheers for that, seattle.

I am now, though.... perplexed. With Mu waves.

As I read it... there appears to be a ... way the mind reboots itself. This is a constant, and subconscious process,
a way of the brain assimilating and processing visual stimuli/movement based stimuli. Like... a sorting of the neural
sock drawer. Periodically, the brain put the odd socks into pairs and darns the ones that have holes.

(kinda)...

Normal people, however, differ from the monks, insofar as the monks have more obvious Mu waves, and seem to be
able to consciously produce these Mu waves via practising meditation.

My problem is... what's so good about sorting socks? How does sock sorting make a person holier than you or I?

I don't get it.

Yes, without a regular pairing of socks, you struggle in the mornings to dress quickly, but beyond that..?

Mindfulness, then, as far as I read it, is... nothing special really. Yes, if you're the type of person who's forever
thinking, contemplating, formulating, then mindfulness is... working meditation, and maybe useful to the average thinker.

Yet:

Is that it?

All that... struggling, and working, just to... see what's already there?

Am I missing the point?
It is a gradual enlightenment technique, (not nurishing deeply rooted thought patterns/habits/karmic patterns and
letting them gradually wither) as contrasted to sudden enlightenment techniques, (uprooting the deeply entrenched
thought patterns/habits/karmic patterns.)

You have less psychic trauma/makyo with the gradual enlightenment techniques, or at least it is easier to manage,
making it less dangerous than the sudden enlightenment techniques. jmo.

My question is how do I get to the theta? Would I need to go deeper and meditate on zero (0) and white light to achieve theta state?

Hermes

I would like to suggest a practice that I have been doing for a while now, it seems to take me into a pretty deep state of meditation, not sure if you will find it useful or not.

I close my eyes and imagine a string or cord and start slowly twirling it around and around. We all have our own spiritual direction or handshake as I call it, turn the cord both directions to see which way turns easier for you this is your handshake. As the cord spins start to focus on the end of the cord and the object weight at the end and start your mantra as you are doing this.

As the weight turns you will start to see images and colors, or at least I do.
I find that my heart rate increases and I have a numbing feeling in my frontal lobe that starts on the top forward part of my head and moves down to the middle of my brow. As the meditation continues I loose full knowledge of my where a bouts and current body position but I am still aware of things in this space.

Hermes

I would like to suggest a practice that I have been doing for a while now, it seems to take me into a pretty deep state of meditation, not sure if you will find it useful or not.

I close my eyes and imagine a string or cord and start slowly twirling it around and around. We all have our own spiritual direction or handshake as I call it, turn the cord both directions to see which way turns easier for you this is your handshake. As the cord spins start to focus on the end of the cord and the object weight at the end and start your mantra as you are doing this.

As the weight turns you will start to see images and colors, or at least I do.
I find that my heart rate increases and I have a numbing feeling in my frontal lobe that starts on the top forward part of my head and moves down to the middle of my brow. As the meditation continues I loose full knowledge of my where a bouts and current body position but I am still aware of things in this space.
Have you ever tried out of body experiences? When I was a small child I had them One time as an adult I almost had one but became frightened and went back down into my body. I don't know why because the experiences I had when I was a child were really cool.

Have you ever tried out of body experiences? When I was a small child I had them One time as an adult I almost had one but became frightened and went back down into my body. I don't know why because the experiences I had when I was a child were really cool.

donnann

I have had thousands of experiences with out of body to the point that they are second nature. I love the experiences, you should not be afraid of them.
As I tell others that have your simular fears just relax into them and enjoy the experience.

donnann

I have had thousands of experiences with out of body to the point that they are second nature. I love the experiences, you should not be afraid of them.
As I tell others that have your simular fears just relax into them and enjoy the experience.

I would like to try it again.

donnann

Where do you go when you have your out of body experiences?

Where do you go when you have your out of body experiences?

They started out of the blue on the onset of puberty I believe. I think they may have started earlier but I only see bits and pieces of things from that time. I have written down my different experiences on another forum so I am cutting and pasting it here hope to shed some light on these experiences. These experiences have been ongoing for over 3 decades, I have had thousands of them and my only fear is they will stop happening someday before I figure them out.

First, As a kid growing up I was in a couple accidents. The first one me and my friends were drinking and decided to sit on top of the hood of a car. The driver was under aged and took off unexpectedly reaching the speeds of over 50 miles per hour, she lost control on loose gravel. I watched my friends be thrown from the hood of the car as I remained there. Time almost froze, I could think and see every detail as it unfolded, I am still haunted by this accident, This has happened several times more in my life but in different scenarios, where time just almost completely stopped.

The experts say it has to do with high levels of adrenalin. So for the highest level obe experiences I have had, this is what it feels like my heart races to who knows what( like being in that accident) then it seems as though time stops no vibrations no paralysis everything is the same around me except, This is where I first met both of my sons and both of my daughters prior to their births, I also met both of my guides here. Other then the sensation that time stopped everything else is the same.

The next level of obe that I have had is with vibrations or paralysis once they begin then the break away occurs, I am free but for how long, I am not solid but look like thickly dense particles I can pass through walls but feel them as I do. I can hear the dreams of my family members as I coast through the house. I can only maintain this for maybe 5 to 10 minutes then I am pulled back. Once I return I almost always go into astral projection. If you have vibrations then project this is not an obe it is just a astral dream this also occurs from time to time.

the next level of obe is similar to the last but things are changed they are not the way they appear all the time, these are weaker experiences. During these experiences I have met many things some dark and some not, I am an atheist and have dabbled in many things, probably bringing on some of the nastiest things you can imagine, I never met the old hag but she would have been a girl scout compared to the other things lurking out there. during my time in the military after paralysis set in four dark demons would always grab onto my arms and legs and literally yank me out, and there were always others.

next is just a good old fashion astral projection romp on some other planet, swim with unknown fish or ride a tornado or two. These are interactive three dimensional views you can feel the rush of falling or flying but it is only a high tech dream. People can touch you and you would feel it, I have only had one bad experience during this type dream.

after that Is the dream I have never had a black and white, my dreams are all in color I can talk to people that I have never met, go where ever I want but this dream is only two dimensional and sometimes in second person where I am more hovering and limited interaction.

They started out of the blue on the onset of puberty I believe. I think they may have started earlier but I only see bits and pieces of things from that time. I have written down my different experiences on another forum so I am cutting and pasting it here hope to shed some light on these experiences. These experiences have been ongoing for over 3 decades, I have had thousands of them and my only fear is they will stop happening someday before I figure them out.

First, As a kid growing up I was in a couple accidents. The first one me and my friends were drinking and decided to sit on top of the hood of a car. The driver was under aged and took off unexpectedly reaching the speeds of over 50 miles per hour, she lost control on loose gravel. I watched my friends be thrown from the hood of the car as I remained there. Time almost froze, I could think and see every detail as it unfolded, I am still haunted by this accident, This has happened several times more in my life but in different scenarios, where time just almost completely stopped.

The experts say it has to do with high levels of adrenalin. So for the highest level obe experiences I have had, this is what it feels like my heart races to who knows what( like being in that accident) then it seems as though time stops no vibrations no paralysis everything is the same around me except, This is where I first met both of my sons and both of my daughters prior to their births, I also met both of my guides here. Other then the sensation that time stopped everything else is the same.

The next level of obe that I have had is with vibrations or paralysis once they begin then the break away occurs, I am free but for how long, I am not solid but look like thickly dense particles I can pass through walls but feel them as I do. I can hear the dreams of my family members as I coast through the house. I can only maintain this for maybe 5 to 10 minutes then I am pulled back. Once I return I almost always go into astral projection. If you have vibrations then project this is not an obe it is just a astral dream this also occurs from time to time.

the next level of obe is similar to the last but things are changed they are not the way they appear all the time, these are weaker experiences. During these experiences I have met many things some dark and some not, I am an atheist and have dabbled in many things, probably bringing on some of the nastiest things you can imagine, I never met the old hag but she would have been a girl scout compared to the other things lurking out there. during my time in the military after paralysis set in four dark demons would always grab onto my arms and legs and literally yank me out, and there were always others.

next is just a good old fashion astral projection romp on some other planet, swim with unknown fish or ride a tornado or two. These are interactive three dimensional views you can feel the rush of falling or flying but it is only a high tech dream. People can touch you and you would feel it, I have only had one bad experience during this type dream.

after that Is the dream I have never had a black and white, my dreams are all in color I can talk to people that I have never met, go where ever I want but this dream is only two dimensional and sometimes in second person where I am more hovering and limited interaction.
Wow. I also dream in color. Have you ever left this planet and traveled in the universe?

Wow. I also dream in color. Have you ever left this planet and traveled in the universe?

I have been to many unknown places with wild life that is not of earth, the exact whereabouts is unknown. I have done some realy cool stuff, things that are just impossible due to the physics of this reality. I never know for sure when an event is going to occur but when it does, it stay's with me for weeks and months and sometimes years these experiences are absolutely the best part of life.

There are many ways to create trance induction, here is a page from my notes that I am using to write my book Tarkhem: Music and the Black Arts

Hey Etu, I like your blogs on the GCOL, regarding transe states, I've never sought one out, but was thrust into one by accident after taking a cannabis oil capsule, it lasted for 5 hours and it was intense.

I had closed eye hallucinations I saw a bearded man from a time long ago, then god/consciousness and "he" told me he likes men to wear beards and that he finds innocence in beards.

I didnt use any music, candles, incense, or chants, it was completely quiet and dark.

I'm not pushing my ideas of "drug use" on anybody I dont consider cannabis to be a "drug" or an intoxicant of any kind, I consider it to be an entheogen.

Back