Chaos Magic and Austin Spare

H

Hermes

Austin-Osman-Spare-007.jpg

Ok, I am after a few days of deep introspection and altered state have realized that I am no longer in the Hermetic camp.
In fact, I am now follower of Chaos Magick(CM) as I always have been unknowingly. Facets of CM is that they call the altered state - Gnosis (well, it is just a name) but they have some well defined refinements associated with Gnosis. Other facets are the importance of art and creativity - let it be music, drawing, painting (not houses :)
The most amazing aspect of this whole affair was the realization of one of my past life (the most recent) is Austin Spare. After the initial vision, and a little bit of research it became crystal clear to me. It all fits in. I was always an anglophile, born in the same year when Spare died, (a 5-6 months of brief visit in Devachan I came back as I am now.)
IN my childhood I doodled and drew anything and everything (Spare was mainly a book illustrator and mystic).
I still think Hermetic philosophy is amazing but it is not even a true magical discipline. It is more of a philosophic thinking (world view) linked with magic.
CM is the least organized, most flexible in rituals and linked to many of the Yoga, tantra of the New Age movement. Spare was briefly in O.T.O. but got disgusted with Crowley and moved on. I cannot blame him from certain tidbits on Crowley depict him as a despicable human being, albeit a genius of his own right.

Thanks Etu,
I will check them out (now, I am heading to work). Just as a note, I do not consider myself special or different because of what I have found out about my past life. Only that this is a first time I had anything revealed to me this openly. Most of my Gnosis (big or small) comes from dreams after certain meditative practice I do before I retire. The special dreams I can remember for days and a certain feeling stays with me afterwards. This is nothing unique but I know others have different experience like using mirrors, dancing, music etc. Everybody we know likely had a past life. It would amaze you what you might have been prior but it is only important of you wish to continue a certain task/work and accept it. Otherwise knowing your past life is unnecessary distraction.
a "person" formerly known as Hermes :)

Come join us you newly reawakened Chaote!

KIA Illuminated Adepts

Hello, Hermes Austin Spare,

There is a first time for everything, and this is it for me. I've never had the chance to congratulate a friend on discovering one of his or her past lives, but this, apparently, is it. Congratulations! Should we, like, have a cigar or something :)?

Serv

Thanks, kindly....
Cigars are not my thing but a doobie? They drug test me at work, otherwise I'd say bring it on.....
AOS
Hello, Hermes Austin Spare,

There is a first time for everything, and this is it for me. I've never had the chance to congratulate a friend on discovering one of his or her past lives, but this, apparently, is it. Congratulations! Should we, like, have a cigar or something :)?

Serv

...that is funny...it is now getting clearer to me that the chain from incarnation to incarnation is very complicated. Why do I continue? I write but perhaps I shouldn't; in my childhood I wanted to be a painter for years, as far as that goes, now I have no inclination to do anything of that sort....but I often wonder if writing is the best self-expression for me? I like public speaking, small workshops better than getting things on paper. I am not even sure if there was a BIG task to be fulfilled, now or past except of the untangling and cleaning up the Karmic baggage and perhaps to learn a new lesson, a goal often not as lofty as we think.
It is clear that strong propensities and interest will remain from life to life often changing into something similar.
lol... yeah, welcome back, Austin.

Now about that loan I gave you...

who is this Hermes? [checking his identity] :) ... and who said it is "working out" for me. Often you find out something that creates a whole new, cavalcade of mess and you wish you never knew what you know... :)
This is not exactly the case with me, of course, but this COULD be a dangerous path of multiple personalities and other maladies... :eek:
I'm glad it is working out for you, Hermes. :)

who is this Hermes? [checking his identity] :) ... and who said it is "working out" for me. Often you find out something that creates a whole new, cavalcade of mess and you wish you never knew what you know... :)
This is not exactly the case with me, of course, but this COULD be a dangerous path of multiple personalities and other maladies... :eek:

Looks like we might need another padded cell and jacket with extra long arms that tie behind the back! :eek:

Back