Samael Aun Weor

Thoth

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here. I apologize if it is in the wrong area...

I have recently been reading about Samael Aun Weor and his works at websites like gnosis-usa.com. But, before I become too interested in any thing written or proclaimed, I like to see the critical viewpoints. I have had a difficult time finding critical acclaim for Weor's work online. Are his ideas impeccable so as to not require any critique? From reading other posts here, I have a feeling some of you would know of some sources criticizing Weor.

:)

There is a brief mention of Weor and his brand of gnosticism (which is apparently not related at all to historical gnosticism) at http://www.skepdic.com/news/newsletter46.html. Scroll down about two-thirds of the way, and look for the section titled "New Age Gnosticism."

Before committing to any group I strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with Isaac Bonewits' "Cult Danger Evaluation Frame" which he has on his website at http://www.neopagan.net/ABCDEF.html as it provides a good checklist of warning signs to identify dangerous groups.

It's often true that if a particular group or philosophy sounds too good to be true, chances are it is.

bgruagach said:
It's often true that if a particular group or philosophy sounds too good to be true, chances are it is.
I agree. It has been my philosophy in the past to never believe in any one viewpoint of reality, but to take the ideas from each one that I deem reightous and use them in my life. This is difficult as there are many grey areas, though.

Although the review at the website you gave is not too scathing of new age gnosticism, the book they speak of (here) seems very worthy of a purchase.

There is some discussion of Weor at another discussion board over at http://www.occultforums.com/showthread.php?t=7169

There doesn't seem to be very much objective material about him on the internet. There is a lot of material though about gnosticism (if you do a google search on "gnostic" you'll find lots) if you are interested in learning about traditional gnosticism rather than Weor's teachings which I understand are not gnosticism at all.

Samael Aun Weor is not very well known among the English speaking world because he books are only recently being published in a widely available manner.

Let the truth be known by its fruits. His books teach the method to awaken consciousness. If one is searching for the ultimate truth, then this one must look inside, because as the sages of all times say, "Heaven is found within." So if that is what one is looking for, then, Samael Aun Weor's doctrine is very potent, very dense, in the method observe for one's self, such Truth.

There are actually many critics, but, again not so much in English. At the rate which his books are spreading, it will only be a manner of time before many people will attempt to "disprove" his "theories." I put these in quotes because his books are not about theories, rather, what can be known through observing reality.

Chela said:
Samael Aun Weor is not very well known among the English speaking world because he books are only recently being published in a widely available manner.
This message is for other people who are looking for Samael's books. I just found a "whole bunch" (ie a wide variety) of Samael's books available in cheap paperback format (ie NOT from Thelema Press) at lulu.com.

This is the exact URL to find the main repository:

http://www.lulu.com/gnostic
Gnostic Books by Samael Aun Weor

(These books are provided as is, "at cost" and no attempt to profit from them is made, whatsoever. The PDFs are also available for free from the site...)

This is a notice from the website:

NOTE: Gnostic Books is not Thelema Press, and is in no way affiliated with Thelema Press or any other "official" Gnostic organizations. Nevertheless the best possible translations are provided at the lowest possible cost.

I do not personally trust them, as the "editor" merely took the PDFs one can find on the internet, formatted them into a 6 x 9 book, placed his name on the front, and a short passage about himself and his groups on the back (which have nothing to do with Samael Aun Weor's knowledge).

Furthermore, the editor does not seem to have a good understanding Samael's doctrine, which is no crime in itself, but rather unqualifies him to be an editor.

Thelema Press on the other hand has had its books translated and edited by a direct student of Samael Aun Weor.

Samuel aun weor.
Criticism:
I have read his book the perfect matrimony.In this whole book he talks about some mysterious forces which can't be detected like he says Venus is female and some other planet is male.Come man how could a planet be female or male?.I know existence of matter is based on pairs,but it doesnot mean matter itself is male or female.

The big **** he is always talking in his whole book is if you want to live wisely just start practising sexual magic.In sexual magic all you have to do is retire before spilling the glass of hermes.(hermes?.huh).This is plainly wrong,and the reason is that's How God made us.I mean it's natural to spill the semen.I'ts unnatural to not spill the semen during sex.You can download perfect marimony from this website.
But i still respect him.I like his quotes.
"Be humble to become wise,and after becoming one,be more humble."
www.anael.org

Hello,

I am also studying the works of Samael Aun Weor.
I have found some excellent free translations available at http://www.gnosticweb.com/index.php?PageID=112
These translations seem to be unique to that website so they are not the other free ones which are floating around the internet.
Also, they have free courses in Astral Travel, Searching Within (Self knowledge), Journey to Enlightenment etc.
which can really add a practical side to the study of contempory gnosis.
http://www.gnosticweb.com/index.php?PageID=157
I have got a lot out of the courses I have done so far there so if you are interested give them a go.

Cheers,
Steve

PluckyAli said:
Samuel aun weor.
Criticism:
I have read his book the perfect matrimony.In this whole book he talks about some mysterious forces which can't be detected like he says Venus is female and some other planet is male.Come man how could a planet be female or male?.I know existence of matter is based on pairs,but it doesnot mean matter itself is male or female.

The big **** he is always talking in his whole book is if you want to live wisely just start practising sexual magic.In sexual magic all you have to do is retire before spilling the glass of hermes.(hermes?.huh).This is plainly wrong,and the reason is that's How God made us.I mean it's natural to spill the semen.I'ts unnatural to not spill the semen during sex.You can download perfect marimony from this website.
But i still respect him.I like his quotes.
"Be humble to become wise,and after becoming one,be more humble."
www.anael.org

PluckyAli,

It sounds as if you did not understand his message!

It is, of course, natural for a fornicator to forncate.

Everyone is free to do as he wishes.

However, if one wishes to awaken consciousness, if one wishes to transform the psyche (soul), then they must transform the sexual energy.

The transformation, the transmutation, transubstanstation, the sublimation, etc., of the sexual energy is the basis of all change. Sexual energy is Shiva-Shakti, the Creator-Destroyer.

Meditation, Pranayama, prayer, and any other yogic or tantric exercise, properly formed, is an exercise in the transmutation of the creative-sexual-vital enegry of the human organism.

This is why the Kalachakra of Tibetan Buddhism is intrested in the 'seminal drops.'

This is why Sivanadana taught pranamayama and the importance of semen.

This is why Jesus' first miracle was the transmutation of water (base semen; or simply sexual energy of the woman) into wine (transformed energy that causes one to achive happiness and break the cycle of suffering).

Therefore, I emplore you to make an effort to find comprehension!

SurgiKill said:
Hello,

I am also studying the works of Samael Aun Weor.
I have found some excellent free translations available at http://www.gnosticweb.com/index.php?PageID=112
These translations seem to be unique to that website so they are not the other free ones which are floating around the internet.
Also, they have free courses in Astral Travel, Searching Within (Self knowledge), Journey to Enlightenment etc.
which can really add a practical side to the study of contempory gnosis.
http://www.gnosticweb.com/index.php?PageID=157
I have got a lot out of the courses I have done so far there so if you are interested give them a go.

Cheers,
Steve

I am sorry to say that this "Gnostic" school is mistaken.
They state that only five of Samael Aun Weor's books should be read. When confronted to substantiate this claim, they cannot. The book Pistis Sophia Unveiled, the last book written by Samael Aun Weor, tells the student to read some of the books that this school states should be burned.

It is clear that they do not know what they are talking about, because the Pistis Sophia Unveiled is 100% Alchemical and Kabbalistic. Nevertheless, they do not study The Initatic Path in the Arcana of Tarot & Kabbalah because they state this book should be burned. Therefore, there is no way they can understand The Pistis Sophia Unveiled!

I had some dealing with this Gnostic movement back in the early 90's, we all used to meat once a weak and meditate and stuff and it was interesting because I started to develop psychic powers from their spiritual practices but I moved away and got back into drinking and smoking, probably just as well really.

(...)

Hi! Well, aiming not to engage discussion on the "particular group or philosophy" of this topic, allow please to emphasize that Caution is always required and some discernement exercise - employing logic, intellect-reason based, combined with one's inner intuition, aka "knowledge above reason" - should be taken in whatever situation, but particullary when one starts earnestly looking into deeper horizons, in order to avoid the chances of nefast consequences. "Do not hold as gold all that shines as gold" (Alain de Lille, ca. 1128-1202) is, from my viewpoint, a truly wise premise.

Best unto your constructive efforts. Thank you.

P.S: If any doubt comes from the above previous lines of mine, then allow please to direct your attention to those higher words in the Confessio Fraternitatis manuscript that may better clarify things unto you:
« For conclusion of our Confession, we must earnestly admonish you, that you put away, if not all, yet the most books written by false Alchemists, who do think it but a jest, or a pastime, when they either misuse the Holy Trinity, when they do apply it to vain things, or deceive the people with most strange figures, and dark sentences and speeches, and cozen the simple of their money; as there are nowadays too many such books set forth, which the Enemy of man's welfare doth daily, and will to the end, mingle among the good seed, thereby to make the Truth more difficult to be believed, which in herself is simple, easy, and naked, but contrarily Falsehood is proud, haughty, and coloured with a kind of lustre of seeming godly and of humane wisdom. Ye that are wise eschew such books, and turn unto us, who seek not your moneys, but offer unto you most willingly our great treasures. We hunt not after your goods with invented lying tinctures, but desire to make you partakes of our goods. We speak unto you by parables, but would willingly bring you to the right, simple, easy and ingenuous exposition, understanding, declaration, and knowledge of all secrets. We desire not to be received by you, but invite you unto our more than kingly houses and palaces, and that verily not by our own proper motion, but (that you likewise may know it) as forced unto it, by the instigation of the Spirit of God, by his admonitions, and by the occasion of this present time. »

Peace be with you.

Do you know anyone where I personally may speak with others of the Tradition of Samael Aun Weor concerning Sexual Magick and the like? I hope this wasn't inappropriate to this thread as we are speaking of Master Samael Aun Weor. I have so many questions which largely go unanswered.

AUM Shanti

One cannot understand a religion by just reading about in some book, you have to get into that religion to understand it. Until one tries sexual magic then one also cannot understand what sexual magic is about. One hour of sexual activity without the phyical orgasm is something to be experienced, but be careful it can lead one into some sort of sexual insanity.

Terry

how did you discover this thread? on e o f the other posts are recent. i only got here by googling cause a friend showed the film at a gnostic meeting. I find it confusing and choppy. i found the film to be basically abou t control, yet again. do it this way or youre bad. i had enough of that in fundie church.
ive been doing sex magic the right way for 20 yrs. you hvae to clear the old mind-conditoining out before it
ll work at all.
ive had full bore kundalini for 4 yrs now. i know more people with it for longer.
so what do you want to know? if you are there after this long.

Personally, I think Samael Aun weor was extremely deluded, and his teachings dangerous. His followers have brainwashed themselves into believing that sex is the path to spiritual realization, when in fact it leads to the opposite. That is, getting further entangled in the illusion of matter.

Back